Brainstorm for better scoring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

12-18-2011

Simple topic. We all know the current scoring ain't great, and needs some issues. So with that being said, lets brain storm some ideas.

Towers-

1) Instead of 40 points per neutralization and cap to all who helped, set a maximum cap
-Neutralizing a point grants 60 points at maximum, divided among all who helped. Maximum of 40 points to any one person (i.e. solo neutralize)
-Capping a point grants 60 points at maximum, divided among all who helped. Maximum of 40 points to any one person (i.e. solo cap)

2) I can't remember if interrupts give any points, but if they don't, or give a very small amount, it should be changed.
-Interrupting a channel grants 10(15?) score to whoever did it.
-Defending a point should grant 15(20?) score to whoever defended it

3) "Inactive towers" What I call towers which are currently capped, but not producing minions because towers to both sides are friendly.
-Neutralizing this tower will grant an additional 5 Score to anyone involved.
-Capping this tower this tower will grant an additional 7 score to anyone involved.

Possible con is it would encourage to much back dooring, but then again it would also give reason to involve the refinery and drill.

EDIT: Want to throw this in here since it seems solid. The idea was to create a system to give points to those who assisted a neutralization, or capture by combating enemies in the area and keeping them off the channeler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalHatred View Post
Yeah, I doubt they could make it perfect, but even something like "if you are involved in combat with another champion near the point, within 20 seconds of the neutralize/capture, you are counted as assisting that neut/cap" would be an improvement over the current system. It wouldn't cover all cases, but it would at least make people feel comfortable leaving the secured point to go be useful elsewhere.

Storm Shield-

Personally I feel it should be more important, maybe needing an actual buff.

1) Taking the Storm Shield grants 10 score
2) Interrupting a storm shield capture grants 5 Score
3) Perhaps specific actions while you have the storm shield active should be given bonus score?

Killing Champions-

The aim is to encourage fighting on the tower rather then roaming the jungle for encounters, or chasing like a bad.

1) Killing a champion away from a tower results in only 2 (1?) Score
2) Killing a champion attacking your tower grants 15 Score
3) Killing a champion defending a tower grants 10 Score
4) Bonus 1 score for every level of a kill spree they are on
5) Assisting on a kill gives half score

Killing (non-promoted) Minions-

1) Killing a minion continues to grant 2 score
2) Killing minions assaulting your tower grant 3 (4, maybe 5?) score

Promoted Minions-

Promote is for the most part a bottom lane summoner spell, so these could buff up the bottom lane scores.

1) Killing a Promoted Minion grants a bonus 5 (10?) score
2) If a Promoted minion assists in a tower neutralization or capture, or killing a enemy champion, the summoner to promote it gains 5 bonus score as a separate intake

Think that covers all the scoring methods... Discuss these, throw your own ideas up, lets brainstorm eh?

lbgsloan

12-18-2011

Better system: remove the personal score because it will never give an accurate reflection of contribution. You see far, far too many QQ posts of, "I'm always #1 on my team but we keep losing..." Why could that be? Oh right, personal score is meaningless and gives no useful indication on what someone was actually doing that game. I've seen 4/11 ninja-capping ****** Shaco's place #2 on their team, even though they were almost solely responsible for losing the game for their team.

It's stupid, it encourages bad play. Remove it.

Taenaryn

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Better system: remove the personal score because it will never give an accurate reflection of contribution. You see far, far too many QQ posts of, "I'm always #1 on my team but we keep losing..."

(snip).
You do? I see far more posts about people who say that they are playing well (especially bot) and it doesn't reflect on their scores. I prefer this system over SF where the only measure of your skill is K/D/A.

GrignardTS

12-18-2011

Quote:
1) Instead of 40 points per neutralization and cap to all who helped, set a maximum cap
Please please implement this.

PrimalHatred

12-18-2011

Physically capping a point shouldn't be necessary to count as helping in the capture. If three of us kill everyone there and it's safe for one person to capture, two people should be able to b or go press another point while one person caps, and all three people would count for capping that point. There should not be any incentive to use more players than necessary to cap a point.

Helixes

12-18-2011

Quote:
Physically capping a point shouldn't be necessary to count as helping in the capture. If three of us kill everyone there and it's safe for one person to capture, two people should be able to b or go press another point while one person caps, and all three people would count for capping that point. There should not be any incentive to use more players than necessary to cap a point.
Personally I agree with you 100%, but it sounds difficult to implement.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

12-18-2011

If you assist someone to capture a point you lose points. Every time you die you lose points. If you are alive when the point nearest you is captured you lose points. You cannot gain points. This is a more accurate scoring system than what we have now.

I'd prefer they took it out and instead showed time dead, and enemies killed near points.

PrimalHatred

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helixes View Post
Personally I agree with you 100%, but it sounds difficult to implement.
Yeah, I doubt they could make it perfect, but even something like "if you are involved in combat with another champion near the point, within 20 seconds of the neutralize/capture, you are counted as assisting that neut/cap" would be an improvement over the current system. It wouldn't cover all cases, but it would at least make people feel comfortable leaving the secured point to go be useful elsewhere.

Phourc

12-18-2011

I know I've gotten points for standing guard while an ally capped a point, I'm wondering if some of these suggestions are already implemented xP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
You see far, far too many QQ posts of, "I'm always #1 on my team but we keep losing..." Why could that be?
Not neccesarily. I've lost plenty of games as Panth being #1 on my team - and I was something like 14/4. AKA, actually top player by KDA as well.

I don't think the scoring system is as far off as you seem to make it sound - I'd even go so far as to suggest if a backcapper is #1 or #2, they're at least getting a lot of captures, and most likely being more useful than the rest of their team if they keep engaging in 3v4s despite knowing they're down a player. The only real problem with doing it with a PUG is they generally aren't organized enough to adapt, and backcappers generally don't communicate what they're going to do beforehand ):

Helixes

12-18-2011

Quote:
That actually isn't a bad idea at all. They may need to do something to define were the boundary for each cut off point is, but that seems to have potential.

They could probably do it with subtle terrain changes like they what they did in SR to identify turret range.