Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Storm Shield, Who gets it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

12-21-2011

Wait, wait...there's a power-up in the middle? I thought it was just death. Most times I see someone go for it, they get ganked. I might consider grabbing it we just aced the other team, otherwise the time it takes to go get it usually doesn't pay off IMO. I really think they should remove vision in the middle.

Kuznets

12-21-2011

Quote:
SeƱor Pancho:
the crystal is like a fish bait. you wait in the grass, some clueless carry approaches it with curiosity and decides to touch it, then terrible things happen to him.

Yeah that buff is more pain than reward) Need a good cooperation and timing to take it. Otherwise either you are ganked or you miss the teamfight.

WaterD103

Recruiter

12-21-2011

When you talked about score being a good indicator of anything, you lost all my respect for this post.

Lethal stoner

12-21-2011

you should also put in maokai shield + zapling = weeh..bam...BHZZT.....BOOOM

FDru

12-21-2011

Quote:
Kuznets:
Yeah that buff is more pain than reward) Need a good cooperation and timing to take it. Otherwise either you are ganked or you miss the teamfight.

Or you take it and avoid the teamfight, gank their bot for a free cap while they all stupidly push top.

RealWolf M

12-21-2011

This post is lol

Its like a troll made a big post

Its based on a timer, and as such a tanky dps or tanky tank is better utilising it as their bonus resists accumalate the EHP it gives. And since every time they use a spell or auto attack every 4 seconds, it still does the nuke....

MMKH

12-21-2011

I think the proc does about the same damage no matter who uses it, whether it is by auto-attack or spell, only that it happens once every like 10 seconds.

One time, I was playing Singed with the buff and was running away from Gangplank but my poison triggered the lightning he got zapped from 1000 range away.

Stimuz

12-21-2011

Quote:
MMKH:
I think the proc does about the same damage no matter who uses it, whether it is by auto-attack or spell, only that it happens once every like 10 seconds.

One time, I was playing Singed with the buff and was running away from Gangplank but my poison triggered the lightning he got zapped from 1000 range away.

Super good on long ranged champs or champs with DoTs. Nidalee's spear can almost one shot with buff.

crzymdscntst

12-22-2011

I think I'll have to agree, I assumed it was proc'd similarly to the Ionic Spark passive. Overall I believe this list remains rather accurate, if points are slightly mis-informed.

A champ with high AS and spammable-damage-ping abilities can proc the lightning as soon as it pops up.

People tell me Trynd should get it in this thread, that's true, if he's the carry. Which was listed as the top person to get it. If he won't utilize it correctly, he still shouldn't get it, that bonus 400 shield soak and lightning zap don't do anything if the person dies before they use it. The more easily they can use it, the better. I believe most of this post is still valid, if a bit mis-purposed.

The idea is that tanks, unless they fall under the "carry category" typically do not have that ease of damaging the enemy for the lightning ping. By carry category, I mean the champ winning the game for you.

I believe it is magic damage, so overall magic pen should still apply (though don't quote me if I'm wrong). Likewise, Malady is the alternate solution if magic pen doesn't apply and it does deal magic damage.

I do again notice people not utilizing the buff as well as they could be either, so that's something I really wish might be considered.

Most of the belief about how it worked probably came from mis-reading it when I was looking at the original post on it. However, if that's the case, it might be assumed by others, the very same principle. In which case I believe it could use further clarity in how it works.

One thing I'd like to see is more clarity to the buff description when it's on you, the little buff timer.

skyqula

12-22-2011

IMO, it doesnt matter who gets it, aslong as that person makes good use of it. What do i mean with that?

If a bruiser/tanky DPS gets it he gets more tanky, but he also becomes more of a threat for the enemy. Making it easyer for him to tank in team fights. Wich if he does is making good use of the buff. And bruisers are generally the ones fighting the longest and running away the least. Meaning that over a whole fight they mostlikely are the ones getting the most procs out of it.

Same goes for a burst mage/assasin. If he uses it to complement his burst to kill someone instantly then thats making good use of the buff. Especially if he can escape afterwards.

Same goes for pokers. If they constantly poke then they are making good use of the buff.

Actually, IMO, the least usefull person to give it to is the carry. As everyone already knows a carry does loads of damage and either avoids them or targets them. And while the shield might help them survive its not THAT strong that it helps you survive team focus.

I think that, especially in premade vs premade scenario's, getting stormshield on your poker or bruiser is the better option. As its often a stalemate, allowing those pokes to hurt that much more can brake that stalemate. While on a bruiser he can jump in and actually be a threat to the carry/mages. While a carry in a stalemate situation isnt gonna do much. He will be waiting for that engage to happen to jump in.