Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Storm Shield, Who gets it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuznets

12-20-2011

Quote:
Hobocop:
Having it bottom isn't a terrible idea. If they back off and don't fight you, they're basically just letting you have free farm and build up a big minion wave to assault their point, which can mean a free neutralize for you if you have Promote.

A number of bot laners like gragas, ryze, scarner, simple garrison spell or ez's ult will allow them to quckly clear any big wave of minions. buff will be wasted in this case.

If a bot laner can push bot and capture their tower then you can give him the buff, but there are high chances it will be just wasted.

Hugs From Momma

12-20-2011

Quote:
nukular power:
I think you are overanalyzing it. IMO whoever has the longest range, shortest cd, most reliable poke should get it. IE cass over any melee, corki over sivir, etc

Except that it also provides a shield effect which is great on tanks and melee.

Yaladilae

12-20-2011

Tryndamere LOL

Kuznets

12-20-2011

Quote:
Yaladilae:
Tryndamere LOL

If the enemy team has no hard cc it's just a disaster for them.

Stimuz

12-20-2011

Quote:
nukular power:
I think you are overanalyzing it. IMO whoever has the longest range, shortest cd, most reliable poke should get it. IE cass over any melee, corki over sivir, etc

Agreed, pokes are best with it, especially single target pokes so you don't accidentally splash it to someone at full hp. The absolute best champ to have it on is a good nidalee, pity they are a dying breed.

Oh, assassins are good with it too. Pokes and assassins.

Yaladilae

12-20-2011

Quote:
Kuznets:
If the enemy team has no hard cc it's just a disaster for them.

cleanse...

Señor Pancho

12-20-2011

the crystal is like a fish bait. you wait in the grass, some clueless carry approaches it with curiosity and decides to touch it, then terrible things happen to him.

Stimuz

12-20-2011

Quote:
Señor Pancho:
the crystal is like a fish bait. you wait in the grass, some clueless carry approaches it with curiosity and decides to touch it, then terrible things happen to him.

Its one of the only ways team fights occur imo.

Youniverse

12-20-2011

"The second buff allows the champion to passively detonate a lightning blast inflicting 90 (10 x level) magic damage on the champion's autoattacks and damaging spells with a 4 second cooldown."

4s cd with dmg based on level not ap/ad means carry is not necessarily priority #1. In fact, a tank would make more sense to me since carries are focused down in a fight usually or are usually running i.e. not making use of said proc.

Kuznets

12-21-2011

Quote:
Youniverse:

4s cd with dmg based on level not ap/ad means carry is not necessarily priority #1. In fact, a tank would make more sense to me since carries are focused down in a fight usually or are usually running i.e. not making use of said proc.

Like in SR there is no point giving kills to tanks and making them stronger by giving buff. They are often ignored in tf. A lot of buff options were listed above