A way to compensate people that have to wait in queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

12-20-2011

I guess iv been lucky to only get 10 min as my longest.........though that's still pretty bad and i only solo anyway so that often doesnt help.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
Again, isn't it abusable? If I suffer through 4 dodges and it takes 40mins to get into a game, you want me compensated when I finally play. What if I "suffer through" 6 hours, using the exploit above? Arbitrarily set a cap?
That's ridiculous. You wouldn't get a bonus if you dodge so if you "suffer through" six hours there is something wrong with the entire server.

evilXkilla

12-20-2011

Full support.

Love 20+ mins Qs outside of primetime

brossef

12-20-2011

Quote:
Dodge penalty is 5 mins I think. I queue up, with 3 other people and BobSmurf. Bob eventually queue dodges and gets a penalty.

I queue up, with 3 other people and JoeSmurf. Joe eventually queue dodges and gets a penalty.

Bob's penalty is now over. Repeat. If it's not over yet, then do it again with "SusieSmurf", and by the time that one's over then you repeat.
except you wouldnt get ip for the dodge that would mean riot whent full ****** you would only get the queue time qait ip if u finished the game.

riots not that dumb.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Edit: We're not talking about the same thing. Queue time, as in "searching for match", vs. the constant re-queuing due to dodgers. Personally, my queue time is always <10min (usually <5min) if I'm soloing, but my "actual time to get into a game" can easily be a half hour in draft.

With respect to dodgers:

Unless you buid in a cap, of course it is abusable.

I explained. Use 2 or 3 smurfs. One is queed with you. They dodge - not you. You get kicked out of queue, same as if someone else randomly dodged. Riot has no way to differentiate between the two. You can do this indefinitely using 2 or 3 smurfs and rotating their queue-dodge-time penalty. The Time penalty is the only penalty for dodging.

If in normal circumstances it takes me 4 tries (and 1/2 hour) to get a game, I understand this proposal to want to give me 30min worth of ip in some fashion. That's cumulative, accrued over 4 different queue-dodges. After the 4th dodge, I finally get into a game, and I win or I lose, but I get some bonus ip because of how long it took me to get in.

As stated above, I can "force" 4, or 10, or 400 queue dodges, using just 2 smurfs. After 4 dodges, I play a game, and get my ip. Or after 10, or after 400.

Unless you want to arbitrarily cap it, it is abusable. And if you are arbitrarily capping it, what are you capping it at? Do I only get credit when there has been only 1 dodge, not 2? Or 4? or 10?

Queue dodging sucks. But it will continue so long as the only penalty is a small timeout. We need a stick, not a carrot.

Nekrogen

12-20-2011

Quote:
Edit: We're not talking about the same thing. Queue time, as in "searching for match", vs. the constant re-queuing due to dodgers. Personally, my queue time is always <10min (usually <5min) if I'm soloing, but my "actual time to get into a game" can easily be a half hour in draft.

With respect to dodgers:

Unless you buid in a cap, of course it is abusable.

I explained. Use 2 or 3 smurfs. One is queed with you. They dodge - not you. You get kicked out of queue, same as if someone else randomly dodged. Riot has no way to differentiate between the two. You can do this indefinitely using 2 or 3 smurfs and rotating their queue-dodge-time penalty. The Time penalty is the only penalty for dodging.

If in normal circumstances it takes me 4 tries (and 1/2 hour) to get a game, I understand this proposal to want to give me 30min worth of ip in some fashion. That's cumulative, accrued over 4 different queue-dodges. After the 4th dodge, I finally get into a game, and I win or I lose, but I get some bonus ip because of how long it took me to get in.

As stated above, I can "force" 4, or 10, or 400 queue dodges, using just 2 smurfs. After 4 dodges, I play a game, and get my ip. Or after 10, or after 400.

Unless you want to arbitrarily cap it, it is abusable. And if you are arbitrarily capping it, what are you capping it at? Do I only get credit when there has been only 1 dodge, not 2? Or 4? or 10?

Queue dodging sucks. But it will continue so long as the only penalty is a small timeout. We need a stick, not a carrot.
If someone from the premade queuedodges, restart the timer? There are plenty of ways to avoid people from abusing the system, but the idea itself is really good. Even if they needed to implement an IP cap on it, that would still be fine.

FDru

12-20-2011

Anything would make me feel better about 40 minute morning queues.

Stikk

12-20-2011

what mode are you guys trying to play? my queue times are well under a minute regardless of time of day for blind pick dominion and the same for blind pick SR