A way to compensate people that have to wait in queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Give IP for waiting in queue, If we get IP for finishing a game why not waiting in queue? It would make a lot less painfull the 20+ minute wait.

Shaxtenn

12-20-2011

Sounds good. I might play draft. I'm getting ****ing sick of Wukong in every game and Kassadin in 50% of them. I don't play draft because I don't want huge queue times and I'm nervous of a game people take really seriously, since I might be ****. But I am so sick of Wukong.

ZaberZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

the queue times are actually about the same, difference is people might leave in champ select, either way its 10-60 minute queue times though

Luego

12-20-2011

With just 2 smurfs you could perpeteually leave and remain in queue forever. Infinite ip, requiring you to just "check in" every 10 minutes or so while watching tv or whatever. You could probably even automate it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luego View Post
With just 2 smurfs you could perpeteually leave and remain in queue forever. Infinite ip, requiring you to just "check in" every 10 minutes or so while watching tv or whatever. You could probably even automate it.
How does this work? There is a queue dodge penalty.

Luego

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
How does this work? There is a queue dodge penalty.
Dodge penalty is 5 mins I think. I queue up, with 3 other people and BobSmurf. Bob eventually queue dodges and gets a penalty.

I queue up, with 3 other people and JoeSmurf. Joe eventually queue dodges and gets a penalty.

Bob's penalty is now over. Repeat. If it's not over yet, then do it again with "SusieSmurf", and by the time that one's over then you repeat.

Ensign

12-20-2011

I presume you'd add the queue time IP to the victory bonus at the end of the match you eventually get, not give it continuously for waiting in queue.

Nekrogen

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
I presume you'd add the queue time IP to the victory bonus at the end of the match you eventually get, not give it continuously for waiting in queue.
Exactly.

This is a neat idea, thanks WaterD.

Luego

12-20-2011

Again, isn't it abusable? If I suffer through 4 dodges and it takes 40mins to get into a game, you want me compensated when I finally play. What if I "suffer through" 6 hours, using the exploit above? Arbitrarily set a cap?

Nekrogen

12-20-2011

If you've suffered that long I think you deserve some IP.