Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

If the MM works so well...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

Recruiter

12-20-2011

...Why I know the result of every game on the loading screen based on names only?

Tiranui

Recruiter

12-20-2011

Suffering

Nekrogen

12-20-2011

Because you are probably the only player online at this time that can contend against us? You're a very good player and don't deserve to get paired against us constantly with randoms tbh.

Can't wait for Ranked.

Also, Sauron carry too hard.

Sauron

12-20-2011

True fact: Urgot's Q automatically seeks out Kog'Maws due to the amount of acid in him.

WaterD103

Recruiter

12-20-2011

It doesnt happen only in games you are involved. It happens every game. I just know what team is a lot stronger on the loading screen and I dont remember ever being wrong. Sometimes they put on my side ridicously strong players and nothing on the other side, and when the game starts I already tell my team that we are gonna stomp, and we do.

When You are online I just know that unless they put on my team several known good players, Its a win for your team, and when you are all 5 together...well, did you ever lose?

The only times I have wins against you guys is when I queue with 2 or 3 other strong players.
The funny thing is that when I queue with bad players (beacause some are friends) we Also get paired up against you and of course we lose. The example the other day I logged in with a friend who is level 25. Have 20 dominion games, and only plays cat, AND WE STILL GET PAIRED AGAINST YOU, and its, naturally,a total stomp.
The final evidence the MM doesnt work is that your whole team has 200+ wins and win ratios close to 65%. And you still get total stomp games over and over.
Isn't the MM supposed to make FAIR Games? where are those?

It's not that I mind losing. In fact tonight we had some amazing games going on and I had a lot of fun despite it was 4 losses in a row.
This is not only about your team (even if the strongest evidence). Is that most of the time I know what team is gonna win based on players. That tell some something is wrong.

Nekrogen

12-20-2011

Quote:
WaterD103:
It doesnt happen only in games you are involved. It happens every game. I just know what team is a lot stronger on the loading screen and I dont remember ever being wrong. Sometimes they put on my side ridicously strong players and nothing on the other side, and when the game starts I already tell my team that we are gonna stomp, and we do.

When You are online I just know that unless they put on my team several known good players, Its a win for your team, and when you are all 5 together...well, did you ever lose?

The only times I have wins against you guys is when I queue with 2 or 3 other strong players.
The funny thing is that when I queue with bad players (beacause some are friends) we Also get paired up against you and of course we lose. The example the other day I logged in with a friend who is level 25. Have 20 dominion games, and only plays cat, AND WE STILL GET PAIRED AGAINST YOU, and its, naturally,a total stomp.
The final evidence the MM doesnt work is that your whole team has 200+ wins and win ratios close to 65%. And you still get total stomp games over and over.
Isn't the MM supposed to make FAIR Games? where are those?

It's not that I mind losing. In fact tonight we had some amazing games going on and I had a lot of fun despite it was 4 losses in a row.
This is not only about your team (even if the strongest evidence). Is that most of the time I know what team is gonna win based on players. That tell some something is wrong.

The real issue is that some of us have really skewed win margins that really shouldn't exist in normal, but the playerbase is too small so MM does its best to get games going anyways. This ends up giving more wins to the already skewed player and the cycle continues. As a result I wouldn't blame MM, but the size of the playerbase and quantity of high elo players in general. Primetime helps alleviate imbalances, but otherwise it's very difficult to find a fair matchup.

Yes the games today were very close and very fun to partake in, even when my trollzahar failed hard >.<.

Ensign

12-20-2011

When there aren't any reasonable teams to pair you against (and when you're queuing as a high end premade, there honestly aren't), matchmaking allows wider and wider ranges of rating difference to find a match; of course you're going to lose a lot more rating than you'd gain if you win in those cases, and I believe it drives the K-value down too when there isn't a good match-up.

So your win ratios are getting really out of whack, for sure, but it isn't driving your hidden rating into the stratosphere. For what that's worth.

Stun Bot

12-20-2011

Yea I faced Nekrogen + Sauron yesterday with my lvl 25 friend.. we lost

But even when you lose, you still get better at the game. So its inevitable we will EVENTUALLY beat you..

Sauron

12-20-2011

Quote:
Stun419:
But even when you lose, you still get better at the game. So its inevitable we will EVENTUALLY beat you..

I've been saying that about Middle Earth for several thousand years now.

brossef

12-20-2011

the problem is that there just are not as many dominion players than in summoners rift, so the skill gap is much largerthere arent that many high elo dominion players, matchmaking des do its job, but there arent enough high level players on at one time, so if sauron and nekrogen queue together thats already 2 really high elo players on the same team, and if ur pl;aying late at night theres even less. the only thing that can help this is time. people need to play more dominion games so that there elo becomes higher.