Annie 3 1.42%
Lux 8 3.79%
Leblanc 6 2.84%
Xerath 5 2.37%
Brand 4 1.90%
Cassiopea 15 7.11%
Swain 3 1.42%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Who is the best mage pick for dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaberZ View Post
how isnt he a mage? hes an assassin mage like leblanc. but i max cdr on him and jump around every 3 seconds getting 5 stacks on riftwalk for a 1k damage riftwalk of pure rape
I just think assassins belong in a category of their own. "Mage", to me, is more of a role than an archetype.

Stun Bot

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I just think assassins belong in a category of their own. "Mage", to me, is more of a role than an archetype.
ah ok I see where you're coming from. I think any champ with mana is in some way or another a "mage"

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Kass is pretty amazing, but he gets banned so much in draft and played so badly in blind that I wouldn't think of him as the best mage for dominion. Then again perhaps that's why he's banned.

spreadfred

12-20-2011

kassadin is the best mage for top, malzahar is the best mage for bot. karthus used to be one of the best, but the recent zombie death timer changes really knocked him down a peg or 2

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
I voted for lux too, but lux has no stun. She has a root (or snare), and a slow. She also has amazing range and cd on her ult. Though she may be squishy, its so easy for her to get away or kite its rediculous. IMO she is THE most underrated champ in dominion right now.
Ah, apologies, snare. Double snare . Yeah, nothing like landing Q and ulting on that short CD.

Narcomancer

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGvPx View Post
Ah, apologies, snare. Double snare . Yeah, nothing like landing Q and ulting on that short CD.
True that, soooo underrated. I dont know if you have more experience than me or less, so its a shot in the dark, though I do play a heck of a lot. I suggest using boots of swiftness on her rather than boost of sorcery. I know that you give up some damage there, but you can bob and weave a lot better, and position yourself to land skillshots much better, as well as almost always get away easily when coupled with one of her abilities. Also Im pretty confident that putting 21 points or more in your offensive mastery tree is a dang good way to go with her because the opponents you hit with your ult are below 40% health the majority of the time you hit them with it.

Farmer lux which is a hybrid version is a pretty fun build Ive been trying to mess with a little bit since the split pen runes came out. I dont have that build down yet, but she does farm well. Im not sure whether Im going to make her as versatile and viable as ap/cdr/mobility lux is though. Your thoughts?

Desert Sandstorm

12-20-2011

I am so glad to see so little love for Rumble. It's why I can main him all day draft or no and chalk up win after win. If the game goes longer than 20 minutes that's the only time things start to get tough. That's when Rumble tapers off and the overfed carries begin to dominate. The good news is that the games rarely go that long or are out of reach by then since his early and mid game are so strong.

But why is Rumble so good you ask? Here are my top 5 reasons:

1. His "Q" is a powerful AOE attck with short cooldown (and an AOE slow after Rylai's)
2. His "W" gives a shield AND a speed buff (absorb skill shot then chase/flee)
3. His "E" can slow/disrupt/damage up to 2 targets at good range
4. His "R" (Ultimate) does massive AOE damage AND slows. It can be a bit tricky to lay down while in the midst of combat, but done right it will turn a team fight and net you a kill or two and ensure a victorious skirmish.
5. Rumble doesn't use mana so there is no fear of going OOM at exactly the wrong time
6. Extra Credit: "Finished" build has between 3K and 3.5K life making him surprisingly tanky

How to play him in 10 words or less: Go top, team fight, solo hold, enjoy wins

I agree that Ryze and Kass are both very good though. Ryze is definitely the easiest to do well with given a basic understanding and some practice, but Kass can be a bigger threat/nuisance accross the map if you invest the time to overcome the longer learning curve. I also think he is more fun, but that's just me.

DivineBovine

12-20-2011

I love Ryze, but Cass imo is one of the BEST bots for Dom.

Stimuz

12-20-2011

LeBlanc is pretty much the best mage to go with a 3 AD 1 AP top. Well, assuming Kassadin is banned, which he should be.

Narcomancer

12-21-2011

Bump