Canadian Lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neutual

12-20-2011

shout out from Victoria BC
Shaw
Yup once every game

00salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

victoria BC as well, resorted to running all zeals in normals until i can play ranked without fear again..

Eclipsk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

I'm using Shaw provider in Calgary, Alberta and I DC once every game I play.

Daikon

Recruiter

12-20-2011

it only started happening yesterday so.... either riot screwed something up or shaw did. I'm pretty sure this can be resolved quickly though. It's just if Riot is willing to lift their bums and do what's needed.

Shadowscars

12-20-2011

not sure if they will be forgiven but i got one unintended leaving of queue when i got a maestro error and one ranked lose which is painful when i was finally just getting out of ELO hell haha :9

Eclipsk

12-20-2011

I really don't know its a problem on Riots end. Might be Shaw because it started a few day after the Ahri patch for me:

Skype keeps working
Livestream keeps working
LoL DCs
Ventrilo DCs

TheGrundhil

12-20-2011

Not only happening in Canada, plenty of ridiculous lag issues in the states as well since the last patch. But it seems you are at least getting help =P

CombatCube

12-20-2011

My friends and I also have been freezing in-game as a result of some kind of connection issue. Among us we live in Vancouver and Victoria. It happens in two different sets of symptoms:

Case 1 - I stop but everything else continues to move, including minions, health bars, and champions. I often see myself die to one of them (which is really sad, because when you normally disconnect, you can't). After a while the game either reconnects or it proceeds to Case 2.

Case 2 - Everything freezes, and the only activity on the map is from animations. After fifteen seconds or so it prompts me to reconnect. Upon clicking "yes." it reconnects, usually leaving several dummy units, invisible units, and artifacts from spells, as well as inaccurate fog of war vision.

The symptoms from case 1 suggest it's more of a client-to-server traffic problem. Similar problems happen to some, but not all, of the other players because I can see them instantly reconnect after disconnecting. Also, this seems to happen in groups, as I'm usually on Skype and we're all exclaiming to each other "Yeah, I'm frozen, and I'm getting autoattacked to death."

Smilingo

12-20-2011

It's WORSE than a disconnect because hero doesn't automatically go back to base, instead just stands there. Also I can still see everyone else moving around casting spells, just cant issue any commands myself.

Kelowna BC, Canada

Auichinous

12-20-2011

My guess is that Riot will ignore this issue for a while like they do other things.