GG @ champ select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UltrosTheOctopus

12-18-2011

Why people don't think this is true is beyond me; it's even more true for dominion than SR. When you're against a team of tanky-sustain bruisers and you already have viable AP, picking things like Ahri and Morgana whose damage is ultimately ignorable is going to cost you the game. Picking Katarina against a team of 5 cc champs is also a terrible choice. There is no point in playing it when you know you're going to lose. The point of playing is for fun and getting crushed is not fun.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Players like you are exactly the biggest problem with this game.

Stun Bot

12-19-2011

The game isn't over at champ select if you counter and pick the right team comp, The better players will always win.

But if you do draft and just play who you feel like playing, you will lose.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Only once have i seen a complete GG at champ select and it was in blind pick.

They had an AoE comp for top and a strong bot laner... our team if you could call it that had no real bottom laner and almost 0 CC to deal with their Kennen, Riven, Morg, Wukong and whatever else i forget atm.

gnmish

12-19-2011

I've seen plenty of truly horrible players that feel a strong urge to pick what are considered OP or at least very strong champs to make up for a lack of skill (Yorick, Rammus, Fizz, Wukong, Riven, Poppy, and Shaco in particular attract the bads).

So when you see exceptionally powerful champs in select, I would say there may be as high as 50% chance the summoner behind the champ is terrible and you can certainly still win.

Zeero

12-19-2011

Eh, while i would tend to agree with the OP, in reality I have won games against many teams that had far superior team comps but could not execute properly. Generally it seemed like they expected to win as well and didn't try hard enough and ended up losing because of it.
Just the other night I won against a team that should have been HORRIBLE to play against. every single one of them had an AOE, map wide, ult of some sort. Karthas, Ez, GP, Panth. It was ridiculous. However, we kept forcing them to burn ults to save their points rather than allowing them to use then for offensive purposes and we ended up winning. If there is one thing I have learned about Dom is that it's NEVER over until the final point ticks away.

crying angels

12-19-2011

It's not the size that matters it's what you do with it *ba dum tshhhh*

Argodis

12-19-2011

Some games are over at champ select but that's extremely rare.

4ntiSqueaker

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
I've seen plenty of truly horrible players that feel a strong urge to pick what are considered OP or at least very strong champs to make up for a lack of skill (Yorick, Rammus, Fizz, Wukong, Riven, Poppy, and Shaco in particular attract the bads).

So when you see exceptionally powerful champs in select, I would say there may be as high as 50% chance the summoner behind the champ is terrible and you can certainly still win.
I concur, especially with Poppy, Wukong, and Voli being free this week. Now, I main Wukong, and I'm usually 1st, 2nd or 3rd on my team, and I'd like to thin that I don't suck. But jesus, there are some TERRIBLE poppy's/shaco's out there, and I have been with and against them. Everyone wants the TONS OF DAMAGE build, and build complete glass cannons, and get almost instagibbed by the enemy bruisers.

dredzach

12-19-2011

A lot of times enemy team stacks a bunch of "OP" champs. But those champs can't really be OP unless there is a balanced team around them.

Also, you assume the enemy players are all good players. They might be terrible and grabbing what they think are good champs to try to make up for being bad players. The result is they wind up being even worse playing champs they aren't used to. Or having a team with no tank, or a team with no bottom, or all AD, all AP. The list goes on. You just never know who will win in dominion.