triforce on vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChronoxKizuna

05-15-2012

It's a good item, and doesn't need to be an alternative for anything. Standard build on Vayne:
Beserkers, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, The Bloodthirster, Quicksilver Sash, why not Triforce as last item? Given that she deals true damage I don't see Last whisper as necessary.

I'd like riot to give Vayne a little ap scaling on her E. Just so the ap from Tri doesnt go completely to waste.

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoxKizuna View Post
It's a good item, and doesn't need to be an alternative for anything. Standard build on Vayne:
Beserkers, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, The Bloodthirster, Quicksilver Sash, why not Triforce as last item? Given that she deals true damage I don't see Last whisper as necessary.

I'd like riot to give Vayne a little ap scaling on her E. Just so the ap from Tri doesnt go completely to waste.
A build like this works, but the triforce slot also competes with (in no particular order)

Frozen mallet
Another PD/BT
GA
Bviel
LW
BC
Obviously all of those, including triforce depend on the situation and will be better/worse choices in different games.

Ardziv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Trinity force is a better item than PD, and works wonders on Vayne cuz of her 2 sec tumble and high base ad, the phage proc also negates ezreal's double flash escape, but, it is way too expensive for vayne who needs to buy very cheap cost-effective items because she is not strong early game.

Also, once you have very high damage the attack speed/crit chance from PD gets better.

So it is kinda counter-intuitive. Triforce is too expensive to buy for early game so its not worth it unless you can make use of every stat (ez, corki) or your fed.

Also, Vayne REALLY benefits from attack speed, many experienced vayne players may rush PD rather than IE/BT. I think this is the reason ppl don't buy triforce, attack speed scales really well with vaynes silver bolts, and crit scales really well with tumble.

Also, the follow is true
Tri > PD
but
(PD + IE + LW) > (TRI + IE+ LW) (attack speed and crit is a multiplier to AD but other triforce stats aren't)

MTaur

10-24-2012

The thing about her Q is that the bonus damage *scales with AD*. So if you farm up a BT, you'll get extra bonus damage on Q, and you'll just do more damage all around. The Sheen bonus damage stagnates, but AD scales and multiplies with synergies. (I'd have to look up her base AD at 18, but I think I remember it being low?)

Phage costs too much, and you should be kiting alright with E and Q as it is. Also, your tanks should be protecting you, ideally. For Vayne, though, Phage just means that it'll be another 1350 gold until you can start three-shoting things, and that's not acceptable.

Zeal is good, but it builds into PD. So go getcha some. (Maybe IE, BT, LW are more urgent than upgrading Zeal --> PD, though? Q scaling with AD is distinct from crit, iirc, meaning you can do more sooner with AD and ArPen)

Ardziv

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTaur View Post
The thing about her Q is that the bonus damage *scales with AD*. So if you farm up a BT, you'll get extra bonus damage on Q, and you'll just do more damage all around. The Sheen bonus damage stagnates, but AD scales and multiplies with synergies. (I'd have to look up her base AD at 18, but I think I remember it being low?)

Phage costs too much, and you should be kiting alright with E and Q as it is. Also, your tanks should be protecting you, ideally. For Vayne, though, Phage just means that it'll be another 1350 gold until you can start three-shoting things, and that's not acceptable.

Zeal is good, but it builds into PD. So go getcha some. (Maybe IE, BT, LW are more urgent than upgrading Zeal --> PD, though? Q scaling with AD is distinct from crit, iirc, meaning you can do more sooner with AD and ArPen)

I agree with most what you're saying but there's a few points to make.

1. It's true vayne scales really well with AD from Q, but triforce gives ad and PD doesn't(we're trying to replace PD with triforce)

2. Phage is expensive, but it you factor out the price of 2 dorans 20 ad 160 health 950g
225 health 18 ad for 1350g isn't bad considering it will turn into another item.

Triforce is great on vayne, really great. The reason it's not optimal is simply because PD is better in every way for vayne.
Generally crit and attack speed is better on any adc because once you get high ad the synergy is way better, but in addition to that it scales even BETTER on vayne because (Q + crits = op and silver bolts + attack speed