Should we receive gold globally for neutralizations/captures?

Yes 17 65.38%
No 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Should we receive gold globally for neutralizations/captures?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuznets

12-19-2011

Currently we receive gold if standing near the tower which was neutralized/captured. And gold amount is quite considerable.

What if teams receive gold reward for captures/neutralizations globally? Like barons, dragons etc. So you don't need to wait for capture but do something more important. I think that can change the game in positive way. And only those who capture still receive points which means "Guys, you are doing good job".

Leave your comments and thoughts below.
(If you have any concerns please read the discussion before voting. Maybe your questions will be answered)

*** Important ***
During the discussion the third option appeared (Thanks to JoeDuo):

3) Remove gold reward for neutralization/capture at all and increase global gold/sec instead accordingly.

Please vote "Yes" if you prefer this option.

Argodis

12-19-2011

I think this is a change that really should happen.

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

I think the ammount should be decreased, but yes... it should be a global (or, rather, team) gain.

PrimalHatred

12-19-2011

Yes please -- dominion is a game of resource allocation and this reflects it.

For example lets say that you are bot and playing extremely well. The other team has to pull a second player to bot every few minutes to deal with you and as a result loses the windmill frequently. Honestly, you probably deserve more credit for those windmill caps than the part of your team that's doing a relatively easy 4v3 up at top.

GrignardTS

12-19-2011

Yes.

Should it break the game? HeII no!

Reduce gold gains elsewhere, make it balanced. Riot needs to do something to promote 4 people to stop capping 1 point.

Kuznets

12-19-2011

We have a couple "No" votes. Would you like to write your thoughts here?

It's quite interesting to hear from you because for me it's a real problem. I know I shouldn't capture when someone does and I don't take care about the score, but I do care about the gold and I know that waiting 5 sec (for example) will bring me like 67 gold. That's quite a lot so sometimes I should waste those 5 sec farming nearby minions or helping to capture just to get this gold reward. That makes me sad cause I know it's gold efficient but it's also a waste of time.

There were dedicated capturers who relied on this gold but with Precilla's removal they are almost gone. I've seen some shako dedicated capturers but they can be pretty easily countered by experienced players. So we actually don't have people who permanently rely on capture gold. Or I'm missing something?

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

You don't have to sit there and channel until it's captured. You can just tap the point then immediately head off to reinforce another position and you'll get the assist bonus.

I don't think it's a huge issue in the grand scheme of things.

FDru

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
You don't have to sit there and channel until it's captured. You can just tap the point then immediately head off to reinforce another position and you'll get the assist bonus.

I don't think it's a huge issue in the grand scheme of things.
It's not as simple as that. I believe there's a certain range you need to stay within to get capture assist gold, regardless of if you helped channel (or how much you channeled).

I disagree with global gold because it would make continuous capping a priority and might even encourage node trading. Dedicated back cappers are something they are trying to avoid (hence the removal of Priscilla's) because it creates a negative atmosphere and generally isn't conductive to winning.

Kuznets

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
I haven't tested what happens if you start capturing and then recall immediately? Will you receive gold reward when you are far away? I'll definitely test it.

Even if it's not taken into consideration there are a number of situations when this mechanics hurts you. Here are first examples which came to my mind

1) Your team is capturing top, you missed the team fight and approaching the point. Go there and get the gold reward or turn immediately back and help bot?

2) Just by start capturing you'll lose about 2 sec guaranteed. Why should it be this way? (if someone is already capping and you just need a reward)

3) You killed an enemy in top brush and your team started capturing the point. So you need to go around the wall and start capturing before you can recall back. How much time will you lose? Minimum 5 sec.

There is a number of situations in every game when you should make those decisions. Wait for gold or go somewhere else where you are needed? Approach your your teammate capturing a point for gold reward or not?

Those are really unnecessary decisions and waste of time which can be easily avoided. Now days everyone is capturing, everyone is defending (at least in the games I play) so why not just make this gold reward global for your team?

Kuznets

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I disagree with global gold because it would make continuous capping a priority and might even encourage node trading.
Could you please explain that more in detail?
Now you receive 100 gold if you capture alone, 75 gold if 2 people capture, 67 if 3 etc.
What will be changed if you share this 150(200) gold between all of your teammates and everyone will receive 30(40) gold. The total amount of gold is the same.

Node trading? Wow, I'd never give my node even for 200 gold) Because it can lead to game loss. In Dom every second counts.