Recommendation for Queue dodgers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

I'm not aware if this has been recommend yet, but if someone queue dodges, would it be fair to deduct a small amount of ip from the dodger?

EDIT: The reason why I posted this isn't even a personal one because I prefer to play blind pick, but I have seen many people complain about the large amount of dodges. I will address some issues and why I feel this would help:

Reason 1: You can't report dodgers. A dodger can dodge as many times as they like and only take an elo loss and a "time-out."
Reason 2: Because it's not ranked, no elo is displayed, and therefore dodging loss of an unseen elo isn't really a punishment.
Reason 3: So many people dodge that it is very possible to spend 10+ minutes in a queue for a game that last 30 minutes at most.

Why I think it would work:

Firstly, I don't recommend you take a very large chunk if ip out, maybe like 20 or so. I would however, recommend for every queue dodge per day or week depending on how the system will be implemented that the ip subtraction increase.

Even with small hits, assuming you don't make the amount steadily increase per dodge, I believe it will drastically reduce leavers. I also recommend that the first dodge be free or a warning with a time penalty.

The truth is, not all dodgers are people who exploit it to avoid bad teams or setups, but some have legitimate issues. The problem I have with those issues is that if you KNOW you have said issue, you obviously shouldn't play. Yes, if you lag, you shouldn't play. You ruin the game for your whole team that way, and you're being a selfish *****. If you know you are having connecting issues, you should fix them with custom games before going into a real game. If your HUD is funky, you should find a way to fix it or get a new comp/computer. The bottom line is: if you try to play at a disadvantage because of your tech/connection, then you are in essence being selfish.

Overall, I think this idea is very worth looking at.

Seņor Pancho

12-19-2011

you are acting as if queue-dodging was a terrible sin... relax, there is already a penalty and it's fine.

sometimes you have to queue-dodge because of having someone else's rune pages displayed, no visible champions and the infamous blurry-screen-that-freezes-everything. it is common.

while I agree that most of the time people dodge because the bans are **** and the ennemy 1st picks some bull**** champion, as long as you don't wait until the very last millisecond to dodge, I'm fine with it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

I really loathe draft mode of Dominion because it takes an extra 10 to 15 minutes of queuedodgers to get a ****ed game going.

I thus support the Death penalty for dominion draft dodgers. No, death is too kind. Set their ELO to -1000 for the next game and make them sufffffer... ;-)

People act like nobody ever dodges except for buggy GUI behaviour which is total BS. 99% of queuedodges are because they dont like the champion selection.

4ntiSqueaker

12-19-2011

I'll admit, I've dodged once or twice when my team has had a pants on head retarded team comp (I think the king was Alistar, Taric, Poppy, Zilean and me as Wukong). I think more people dodge because of technical problems/they want to play with some friends instead than people realize.

twickykid

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ntiSqueaker View Post
I'll admit, I've dodged once or twice when my team has had a pants on head retarded team comp (I think the king was Alistar, Taric, Poppy, Zilean and me as Wukong). I think more people dodge because of technical problems/they want to play with some friends instead than people realize.
Just off topic but that build is absolutely sickening OP. 5 stuns, double healing, poppy 2 shotting people, zileans mobility and res, wukong's insane burst and hide.

As for the dodgers. Yes there are downs people that pick teemo first or yi. They banned a tryndmyre and lee sin. Then you see first pick shaco and 2nd pick jax by your opponents. The thing about the OP champs in Dom is they are very old champs. Most players, if they have them, know how to play them well.

You already know the bad first pick player is going to be a bad player. Otherwise they would have known you do not pick that champ first pick. Some you shouldn't EVER pick.

You have 2 options when you get the "I'm randoming it" players: que dodge or hope your opponents are just as dumb.

SentinelOfPain

12-19-2011

Bump because OP edit.

FoX2525

12-19-2011

I don't understand. Why should I waste an extra 30 getting stomped because of poor picking/ counter picking instead of just dodging. Not to say a game is always won or lost in champ select but, it can VERY heavily favor one side. Instead you suggest I should be penilized further for others poor picking ability?

P.S. I did know normal elo was affected by dodges . Can other peeps confirm?