how do people make so much gold?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saabi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

i started playing a couple of weeks ago, and im looking at certain people and their gold income doesnt make sense.

ill make like 9k gold in a match and ill have at least 2 people at 13k and another at 10-12k gold.

how do you guys make so much gold. i normally play annie, i try my best to last shot minions using my disintegrate but i almost never manage to get that shot, and on top of that i try to queue up my stuns (as i assume i should?) and save them for emergencies so most of the time i end up using just autoattack and doing barely any damage to which my lane partner ends up getting all last shots >.<

im wondering if queueing up my stuns is maybe going too far pre endgame teamfights.

any suggestions on how to make more gold? id love to make rabadons and the hourglass and rod of ages in the same game once.

Suaidan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Last Hitting is a HUGE part of this. If you deal the killing blow on monsters or other champions you get a good amount of gold that adds up quickly

Saabi

12-19-2011

so should i not even worry about my stun in early game and just try to last hit as much as possible then?

because getting my stun then just using auto attack until one of the other champions gets a little too close and stunning him is getting me nothing.

its unbelievable how often people expect me to stun. i learned to queue up my stun and save it but it just doesnt seem to do me any favors.

Jyrade

12-19-2011

As stated above, last hitting is a massive part to gaining gold.

If you last hit every minion in a wave, that's around 100 gold. It adds up quick because these waves come every 30 seconds.

Jyrade

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabi View Post
so should i not even worry about my stun in early game and just try to last hit as much as possible then?

because getting my stun then just using auto attack until one of the other champions gets a little too close and stunning him is getting me nothing.

its unbelievable how often people expect me to stun. i learned to queue up my stun and save it but it just doesnt seem to do me any favors.
Experiment that style for a game or two and see how it goes. It's defiantly worth a try.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saabi View Post

Learn to last hit with auto attacks as well; Annie is one of the few mages that has a spell that's useful for last hitting, the majority need to settle for either last hitting with auto attacks, or pushing the lane much faster than they would like.

OOOMM

12-19-2011

Keeping your stun queued at all time on Annie is not needed, but I suppose it never hurt anybody. I would advise getting used to last hitting with auto attacks as well. It is a useful skill to have and will save you a lot of mana on APs that aren't Annie. Easiest way to improve last hitting (with AAs or abilities) is check how much damage said ability/AA does, then click the creep and watch its health. As soon as it goes below that amount, do it. Soon you will learn to judge it just based on the little bar, then eventually to time it based on how your minions are attacking as well.

I would advise doing a custom game or two by yourself so you can get it down without worrying about harassing or being harassed. It helped me a ton.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-19-2011

You would need to calculate armor as well, so I would recommend trying to focus more on the fraction of the bar you can deal in one attack.

IS181195091504a6

12-19-2011

Last hitting the minions. aka: hitting them with just a sliver of health left. This is mainly the only time you need to auto attack. Just pace back and forth as you wait

stadman

12-19-2011

As posted above but for clarity, don't auto attack, click around making champion move until your minions start hitting their minions down. When one gets low click them to kill with your auto attack. You'll start to see how low their health bar is for the last hit. If your attack lowers the health bar and your minions get the kill, you went to early. As you level you can hit them when they have more health.

Also, if your looking at end game gold, it can be deceiving. Towards end you start getting bonus for stopping champs kill streaks, that can be 500 gold or more alone. At end game with 130 creeps killed and bonus, I'll typically havev 12k or so. For better comparison, you should hit tab during game. It will show cs, and equipment. If you see them with better gear.

As you play more, last hits, dragon, and kills will get your gold higher, but 9 k isn't bad for new player...