Backcapping, and tank Ahri: Why I am 100% finished with Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4ntiSqueaker

12-19-2011

I find having someone roam the mid with Boots of Mobility solves a lot of backdooring problems. Tank Ahri sounds annoying, but it seems like she would have absolute **** damage. Its just like the BoM/Phantom Dancer/Priscilla's Blessing Rammus. Annoying as ****, but just failed at actual combat.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

u know what hurts more than tank ahri ?
trinity force ahri.
completely dominated my team last game when she was bottom.

Redenbacher

12-19-2011

Guide on how to stop backcapping:

1) Have one player defend by roaming the jungle between Windmill and bottom.

Thanks for reading my guide!

Seriously, there's a few issues here. If Ahri went just ran around backcapping your points:
1) Your team was pushing too far from their nodes at top and bottom.
2) Having one roamer effectively denies this strategy, because now top and bottom are fighting a 4v4, while the Ahri and your roamer effectively accomplish nothing. She doesn't even need to die, all she the defender has to do is poke her to stop the cap.
3) Your team could not handle the 4 remaining teammates that were actually useful, leading me to the conclusion that your team comp was weak, or your team play was weak.

Taenaryn

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udub View Post
I just tried my ass off, but a backcapping Ahri that went Tank ruined my last game of the evening. There was nothing we could do to catch her, as she had 500 movespeed. If we caught her, she wouldn't die. If she did die, their entire team would show up and take a node after we killed her. Also, if she managed to die, she'd Revive. So it was honeslty the single most aggravating and unfun game of League of Legends I have played in over 2k games played.

I don't want to have to learn how to counter backcapping or a tanky-true damage-500 movespeed champion on Dominion - I want to play it to casually wind down from ranked 3's and have fun.

But I cannot, and will never, have fun in a gametype where a skill-less and below the belt strategy is unbeatable and feels like **** to lose to. We played great but because of one person, my night was ruined.

It felt like an exploit. Boots 5 shouldn't be allowed on Dominion.
This is what I read. Even if everything you say is true (which I strongly doubt) it's only *one* character, and she can only be in one place at a time. Simple team communication would have worked. "Tie her up at bot while the rest of us cap mid and top". There, wasn't that hard?

ChaoticHypnotic

12-19-2011

Quote:
I don't want to have to learn how to counter backcapping or a tanky-true damage-500 movespeed champion on Dominion - I want to play it to casually wind down from ranked 3's and have fun.
I find it hilarious you are trying to wind down from ranked 3s by playing Dominion, which is not only faster-paced but has a higher skill cap.

Backcapping is the single most worthless strategy in all of Dominion, since it effectively removes one player from the team. That said, you can send one of your team members around to follow the backcapper and completely nullify all their "effort". Otherwise, you should never lose team fights since the enemy is already down a man.

Once you get some more games in and learn Dominion strategy, this will become much easier for you. Keep at it!

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

12-19-2011

Quote:
I just tried my ass off, but a backcapping Ahri that went Tank ruined my last game of the evening. There was nothing we could do to catch her, as she had 500 movespeed. If we caught her, she wouldn't die. If she did die, their entire team would show up and take a node after we killed her. Also, if she managed to die, she'd Revive. So it was honeslty the single most aggravating and unfun game of League of Legends I have played in over 2k games played.

But I cannot, and will never, have fun in a gametype where a skill-less and below the belt strategy is unbeatable and feels like **** to lose to. We played great but because of one person, my night was ruined.

It felt like an exploit. Boots 5 shouldn't be allowed on Dominion.
General backcapping counter is to leave a strong 1v1 champ at a speed shrine. When you see someone backcapping you move to it, scare them off then head back to the speed shrine.

crying angels

12-19-2011

Maybe just maybe your entire team chasing ahri around while you lose nodes from her teamates is not the way to play.

dredzach

12-19-2011

Back-cap only works against low elo, uncoordinated teams.

Worst case you just have one player stand on speed shrine waiting to intercept her at all times.
Best case, whoever happens to be entering the map from fountain stops by to run her off, and continues to the fight. No matter what, with back-capping, ahri's team will always have only 3 players top. YOUR team will sometimes have 3, other times have 4.

This should tell you, the counter to it is simply improve your skill.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Quote:
I don't want to have to learn how to counter
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't believe that you actually typed it out. I mean, you actually typed it out.

I've come to expect that from General Discussion, but I thought that we were a little better than that here in the sane corner of the forum.

Renku

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't believe that you actually typed it out. I mean, you actually typed it out.

I've come to expect that from General Discussion, but I thought that we were a little better than that here in the sane corner of the forum.
We are slowly being taking over by a lot of "proz" players from the other side of the track.