WHY DO I SUCK AS VEIGAR?! ;___; Help please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aarky

12-18-2011

So I've been trying to play Veigar this week, and for some reason I just can't master him. He's too squishy, and I can't seem to land my E stun at all!

I have a few questions about him...

- Should I be at all aggressive early game? And when should I stop farming my Q and start fighting?
- Should I have any of my skills Smart Casted? I have all of them set to Smartcast.
- What beginning item(s) should I get?

Thanks a bunch. I end up feeding instead of getting kills so.. =/

Cooper112

12-18-2011

1. Focus on farming your q as much as possible but go for kills if possible or if you think you can get them
Also help your team when needed still
2 He has a weak early game but has unlimited ap cap and can one shot any ap carry or ap character and is one of strongest late game mages.
3.If you want someone easy to learn you should not play him

Aarky

12-19-2011

When did I ever say I wanted someone easy to learn?

Cenerae

12-19-2011

Early game you want to be defensive. Both you and your opponent know you're incredibly weak early on. Save your stun for defensive purposes (say, to trap them in tower range if they get cocky), and primarily use Q to farm. Never leave yourself without mana for a stun, and if you're going to harrass rely mainly on your autos. Once you're lvl 7 or so, your Q will start to deal enough damage to be worth harrassing with, so you can throw out some pressure at that point. Start fighting as soon as the team is ready to start fighting. Since your primary job is to blow up the other enemy mage rather than to farm Q all day like Nasus, you don't really need to afk farm for 30 minutes to be a threat. Of course, the longer you can farm in peace, the stronger you'll be.

If you're having issues with landing good stuns, turn off smartcast for it until you become comfortable with the aoe it covers. Remember that an ideal stun needs to be placed so that the enemy is right on the edge of it, to avoid having them stop and evade the stun and followup dark matter.

Starting items, probably boots and 3 potions against most opponents. 2-3 doran's rings, deathcap, then deathfire grasp would be a typical setup.

Boludez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

I'd suggest not smartcasting your stun, knowing exactly where that ring lands is very useful and as long as you can chain together the rest of your skills, it shouldn't be much of a problem for the combo. After a while when you can guess more accurately where the stun lands, feel free to smartcast that as well.

Kelorin

12-19-2011

1. Veigar is the king of farm and I wouldn't harass till 6 when you can insta gib Annie/Ahri or other squishy AP mids.

2. You can smartcast Q or R but I don't. Never Smartcast W or E.

3. I grab Melki and rush Archangel. If you manage to pull this off early but still expect a long game you can grab a Rod of Ages next. Otherwise I say Rabbadon's -> Rylais -> Deathfire

Also make sure you do Q then E then R>Q>W>E as your skill order.

Oh and for the love of god, dont spam W early. Heck I hardly even use W until it is powerful enough to clear a whole creep wave in one shot.

SwiftC3

12-19-2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

don't spam W basically ever.... Always farm Q, unless I land E, W is a missing key.

IS11da03ad289e3b

12-19-2011

A bunch of these guys are wrong, but I'll help you out.

1. Don't be aggressive early game. Focus on farming, but at the same time know when to harass with your q and when to farm with your q. You don't necessary need to be farming your q 24/7 like Nasus. If you feel like you can burst the enemy down at 6, then do it.

2.Set everything except E on smartcast.

3. Normally you would go Boots+3pots on veigar at the start since you're always going to me mid against other caster. This is for the mobility + 600 extra hp.

You want to build into a Deathfire Grasp with one or two dorans in there depending on how the lane goes. then go into a deathcap and void staff.

Always build a deathfire grasp, this is THE core item to get on Veigar as the active allows you to take away 30% of their CURRENT health, +3.5% for each 100 AP.

This is the combo you use with Veigar to instagib somebody.

E>W>DFG>R>Q

Stun the opponent, use your W, then fire your DFG before the W nukes your target to get the maximum effect of DFG.

Kelorin

12-19-2011

In response to bigfat's advice.

W makes no sense as smart cast as you need to lead it a bit at least.

Boots 3 pot is okay but not amazing on Veigar who shouldn't be getting hit anyways.

Never rush Deathfire as you actually need some AP to make it useful. Deathfire is amazing late game, terrible early game.

There are really two choices for any AP mid, rush Archmage or rush Rod of Ages. I like Archmage myself.

D00MMAKER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

i think problem is people to aware of his stun and when i play vayne the veigar waited and casted hi sspells 1 sec later when i tumble outa the way