Important Questions: Boots of Mobility vs Speed Shrines

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Why do they knock off the mov 5 buff? Working as intended?

Seņor Pancho

12-19-2011

Quote:
Why do they knock off the mov 5 buff? Working as intended?
IIRC, the speed shrines give you a quick ultra-fast boost of 0.5 second followed by a longer, but slower speed bonus. the boots 5 effect isnt lost, but you may get some diminishing returns tho, especially if you hit the shrine with ghost activated.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Speed shrines may be triggering an "In combat" effect which removes the +mobility bonus you get from them. Just a thought.

Denambren

12-19-2011

Can you provide evidence to support this?

If this is true, wearing boots 2 should give you the same speed number as wearing boots 5 on a speed shrine.

If anyone can confirm this to be true or not true, feel free to post it up (I'm at work now and can't test).

Seņor Pancho

12-19-2011

I already explained it, I tested it with a friend without boots, with boots 1, and with mobility. it doesnt put you in combat. it does exactly what I said above.

create a custom game, select crystal scar and test it.. how hard can it be ?

Taenaryn

12-19-2011

Or just look it up. Speed over 415 is reduced by 20%, speed over 490 is reduced by 50%. You're still faster, you just don't get as much bonus.