Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help a Vayne Addict

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeero

Recruiter

12-19-2011

WuKong is good at killing tanks and tanky DPS imo. His Q helps to soften em up quite a bit, combine that with a bit of ArPen and they will die to the monkey, like everyone else.

dredzach

12-19-2011

Counter to tanky derps is having a balanced team and balanced item build. Get a little defense with your offense. Your balanced team will wreck their pack of low dmg melees. Kiting is great too.

Daerkannon

12-19-2011

Quote:
MVpmack:
I'm a huge Ryze advocate, but I assume that either he's banned in your games or you don't like him or something - he does answer tanky DPS by being a tanky DPS himself.

Actually I've been trying to learn Ryze. Still trying to figure out how to best itemize him and I often mess up the spell rotation when things get hairy. Works really well with a team that can take advantage of the root to eliminate one opponent quickly. I can sometimes score some kills over walls with his Q too.

I tend to bust out Ryze when I'm facing a team with a lot of gap closers on the theory that he'll last longer and can run after rooting them if necessary.

Quote:
MVpmack:
Another sick choice is Kassadin, who has everything he needs for any situation.

Good point. I do need to learn to Kass and learning to duel with him in Dominion will help make my game with him in SR stronger.

Quote:
RealWolf M:
Go try someone like Kogmaw, he's similar but different. More of a tanky dps melter, less of a kite-wagon.

Need to unlock Kog, but he occured to me right after I posted this.

Quote:
RealWolf M:
Or if you want to break out of the rut and try someone different, Talon can go toe-to-toe with most tanky dps with team support, out damaging them and using silence + slow to enable teammates to keep CC on them

I have Talon and I try him out now and then, but I can't seem to find the damage on him. I'm probably playing/building him wrong because I know I've run into some Talons that just terrorize me, tanky or not. I've always thought he was a better pick against a squishy AP team.

Quote:
Zeero:
WuKong is good at killing tanks and tanky DPS imo. His Q helps to soften em up quite a bit, combine that with a bit of ArPen and they will die to the monkey, like everyone else.

I really do need to learn to Wu, thanks.