Masteries don't change right

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omnae

12-18-2011

Ever since this last patch my masteries only change about 40% of the time even though during champ selection it shows that I did in fact change but when the game starts it reverts to my last used mastery page instead. Any ideas on how to fix this?

-Omnae

TurnipKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

I've had a similar problem. My masteries are bugged so that I always get the last mastery page I edited, no matter what I choose during champ select

Bruteque

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Point removal is also bugged.

Having trouble removing points from more than one tree.

Arby099

12-18-2011

yup, trying to test out some Trundle jungling and the game keeps defaulting to my Singed page, really annoying. Kept giving me my AP page whenever I wanted to play Vayne earlier today.

SirKnowsALot

12-18-2011

I would suggest that you keep trying to change pages during selection, and only lock in when the page successfully changes. Or have I misunderstood the bug, and it says it changed but it didn't really change?

If so, sounds like something Riot should take a look at.

Xcelerator

12-19-2011

If you really depend on your masteries, you can restart your client to fix it. It gets annoying, but it's worth it to do so.

Mephiston360

12-19-2011

I have been having the same problem. It will show that I am on mastery page A but will give me all the bonuses from mastery page B. Flipping through your mastery pages does NOT fix it for me and I will still end up with the bonuses from page B. The only way I have found to fix this problem is to close the client and suffer through the 5 min dodge penalty. It gets quite frustrating, please look into fixing this.

Protease

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKnowsALot View Post
I would suggest that you keep trying to change pages during selection, and only lock in when the page successfully changes. Or have I misunderstood the bug, and it says it changed but it didn't really change?

If so, sounds like something Riot should take a look at.
It says you've changed it when you're in the lobby but once the game loads it applies a different set of masteries. And as far as I know it's random when it occurs, but once it happens in one game it's going to keep doing the same thing in every other game until you restart the client.

I've also noticed that it switches to the mastery page you have selected in your summoner profile, so it sounds like it has something to do with the game not saving your lobby choice and instead defaulting to that one for some reason.

This is a significant bug and very reproducible, not going to risk playing again until it is fixed.

Talith PA

12-19-2011

Point removal is definitely bugged. If you go to an existing page or if you reach 30 points, removing a point from a tree means you have to save the page and then go back into it before you can assign it to anything. It's as if the page is locked and will not properly unlock once it's decided you have set all your points.

DrFehr

12-19-2011

What you could do to fix the problem (temporarily):

Take a point out, put it back and hit "save and use"
Keep in mind that you must repeat this every time you switch mastery pages past the first game after client reset.