I've been thinking of trying Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purple Puma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

I know the CS isn't the place for the guy, but it just seems so tempting to make him a huge threat in Dom, even with the 20% Healing debuff.

evilXkilla

12-18-2011

I used to love Mundo, esp a crit build maxing out his E
But I'd wait for his remake.

PrimalHatred

12-18-2011

I've seen some pretty good ones -- he's still fat, hard to escape, and laughs at CC. He's overshadowed by AD Sion, but I don't think he's unplayable, especially in blind pick where they won't pack as many Ignites.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

He can be basically AD sion but just to a much lesser effect....

still comical and can still 1v3 or more till he gets ignited or executioner's or just focused.

Purple Puma

12-18-2011

Well, I love tanks in Dom. Something about blind pick players not counter building makes me laugh. Lately I've been playing AP Taric, and he wrecks with his support AND his burst all at once.

Shaxtenn

12-18-2011

Mundo is really not very good on Dominion.

No Warmog's. Heal debuff on his ult. Heal debuff on his passive. Heal debuff on his Q. Enemies aren't often in a good position for Mundo to wail on them with repeated cleavers. High mobility champions are a strong pick on Dominion, and Mundo is very vulnerable to being kited.

Plus all the other weaknesses in his kit: he needs to build so much to patch all his weaknesses and take advantage of his strengths (health, armour, magic resist, attack speed, lifesteal, crit).

You can play him well and do all right. I'm sure you could become the Mundo master and go gold in most of your games. But Mundo is pretty far below average. I wish he wasn't, because he's the type of champ I want to main, and I bought his Hulk skin before they retired it.

Tanks can do pretty well in Dom, like Alistar and Leona, because of their huge amounts of CC. Max out CDR, build tanky, and you can defend a point like a boss, and pin anyone down for your allies to massacre.

Altorr

12-19-2011

I love Mundo. I even purchased Corporate Mundo day 1.

However he is currently near unplayable. If he was released as a new champion today, people would laugh at riot and no one would even bother to buy him.

His passive is pretty much useless in both game modes.

His Q isnt bad for harass, but the mechanics of it make it a terrible move to chase with. if your enemy was the max range of the cleaver and you where chasing behind him without using a movespeed skill it would probably take 3-4 direct cleaver hits to catch up to him. Without summoner spells, ghostblade, or his ult, mundo can not chase or initiate well. Its damage goes lower as your enemies health goes lower, making it pretty bad at geting kills. compare this to pantheon or lee sin and you see just how silly it is.

His W does an incredible amount of damage and reduces a big amount of cc. the amount of health it drains per second is so stupidly huge that you will have shaved off more health than was ever worth it, unless youve built pure hp/hp-regen

his E nice, but if you are kited its wasted, and if you have slow attack speed the damage potential is cut by around 80% hitting only once or twice during the empowered state.

his ultimate is only decent at three hings: 1- healing in lane 2: a long ghost 3: heal baiting someone without burst or an execution ability and who generally has bad dps.

I love mundo and his theme and style. but compared to ANY of the other tanky dps he is just worlds behind. I can think of no reason to take him in dominion over Lee Sin, Wukong, Garen, Irelia, Pantheon, Blitz, Jax, Olaf, Sion, Yorck, Xin, Volibear, Udyr, Trundle, Skarner, Riven, Shyvana, Jarvan, aand the list goes on and on

Mundo is the grand-daddy of tanky dps, but he is currently in retirement. Maybe he will get a rework someday, but for now hes just glaringly poor at his role. and this makes me very sad.