Does blind pick become competitive?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutePK

12-18-2011

I only play Blind Domin and see so many Shaco, Rammus, Xin Zhao, Wukong, Akali.

But i've also been playing a lot of Ryze this past week, haven't played him before the whole Legacy skin dealy went down so I don't have what people seem to call the "ryze page" for runes, but it's still a lot of fun.

Other than Ryze I usually play Karthus or APTeemo. I'm not very good with AD champions, though I'd like to either buy Pantheon or Shaco with my dodge refund IP.

I've also had everything from a 480-0 win, 480-0 loss, a 400pt deficit comeback while sitting at 1, an enemy team doing the same, as well as the classic backdoor bushes race, and the neverending fight for top.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Blind pick is nothing but tryhards tbh, there's ALWAYS a shaco, kass,ez,rammus,wukong, yorick. If you like seeing the same same same champs do blind otherwise go draft. I do blind b/c I hate the waiting, and honestly I know how to deal with the annoying champs so I don't really care. They're only as good as the person playing it, for the most part at least .

Shaxtenn

12-18-2011

People definitely take blind pick seriously. I get leavers and AFKers, but not trolls. The only time I hear "lol it's just dominion" is when people are playing trashily and someone calls them out. People are playing to win.

But I don't know if faster queues are worth giving up bans. I'm getting pretty tired of Wukong in every single match. Pantheon. Poppy. Vayne. You have to play so much better than they are to beat these champions, and Riot is not going to balance them for Dominion, only for SR.

MajorUrsa

12-18-2011

Tryhard sounds like a word a 12 year old came up with

Lusid

12-19-2011

I love blind pick. Mainly because i am a purely casual player. Very rarely will i pick a champion because they are what we happen to need. I just pick the champion i feel like playing. But whatever elo (and yes to those who don't know normal does have elo) i am at there are plenty of competitive minded people.

Seņor Pancho

12-19-2011

definately some good players on both blind and draft.

the question is do you want to have short queue times or do you want to play in a game without the most annoying champions?

I'd rather draft, personally, since the IP grind is no longer of interest to me, and while I'm waiting in queue, I do other things not necessarily on the computer

Diagas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Just had a game where someone second picked Katarina. And last pick Mordekaiser. And they didn't dodge. Baffled.

I guess the big difference between Draft and Blind, is that the pregame is just as important; much like Ranked draft solo queue Summoner's Rift.

Seņor Pancho

12-19-2011

holy **** theres a mallet-first sion in there! it appears that this breed of idiots is reproducing at an alarming rate. ABANDON ALL HOPES

EDIT: oh and gunblade-sin and FoN-morde wow.. who are these people

Denambren

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
alternatively, you could have the champion you want to play ban/picked by the other team... ; _ ;
Shaco player?

MVpmack

12-19-2011

I actually think that blind pick helps with bad matchups. The best way to deal with problematic champs is to learn to deal with them, rather than avoiding the problem. There are too many good ban choices to just always ban the same three, so practicing the hard matches improves your game in those situations.