Does blind pick become competitive?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

12-18-2011

I don't like how draft mode takes 10 minutes to start a game. If I win enough in blind pick will I start facing good players? Do the best only play draft mode?

skyqula

12-18-2011

On EUW alot of good ppl play blind pick. Even faced several teams. Dunno but i think it will be the same for US. (teams get some pretty long queue times so having to do draft and have constant leavers is just a no go).

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

A lot of good players play blind pick for the shorter que times.

Talamare

12-18-2011

The people definitely get better as you start to win more

but remember no matter how high you get, there is somehow always some massively unskilled player on one of the teams

Medusa

12-18-2011

Question is do you like seeing Yorick etc on the other team?

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-18-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Question is do you like seeing Yorick etc on the other team?
alternatively, you could have the champion you want to play ban/picked by the other team... ; _ ;

Medusa

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
alternatively, you could have the champion you want to play ban/picked by the other team... ; _ ;
Yes, yes you could but after that fact i think its worth it.

Thats why draft is nice, more time to plan a team, ban the problematic ones etc. Though it sucks with the long wait for sure.

IndecisivePlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Kinda. The meta starts to bleed out into your games as you get higher in normal Elo. Eventually you start to see carry/support in almost every game, unless there's a premade. It is also common to see bottom lane do whatever they want, usually as a kill lane. Doesn't usually work out, for obvious reasons.

KrYoS

12-18-2011

I know a lot of good players who pretty much only play blind pick because you get a lot faster IP and more games in. Remember games usually last 15-25 mins, not 45-60 like in SR. I play some draft mode, but most people I know play blind pick for the reasons mentioned above.

Diagas

12-18-2011

I find Blind Pick is more of a "for fun" atmosphere. Draft Dominion, when you get up to the higher elo, will give you that competitive scene you crave.

Blind Pick is filled with the "lol its dominion who cares" crowd, so keep that in mind.