Dear Tanky DPS Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CWheezy

12-20-2011

Tyrndamere is pretty bad on this map, but then again, I am just the World Champion

SuperNovaGM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

chenages for me change for you changes for us !

GrignardTS

12-20-2011

you see trynda, you pick alistar.

its about counter picks people.

Shaxtenn

12-20-2011

Half the tanky DPS are also assassins.

Pantheon
Wukong
Tryndamere (may as well be)
Poppy

Hey wait a second, these are half the champions who make Dominion unplayable!

Tale Feather

12-20-2011

Can and have killed all those listed champions, and beaten them in Dominion multiple times with multiple champions. (My personal favorite being Kayle, she just seems so flexible in Dominion, she can pretty much build against anyone.)

Metas will come and go, but learning how to counter build instead of just counter picking will carry you through all of it.

Shaxtenn

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
Can and have killed all those listed champions, and beaten them in Dominion multiple times with multiple champions. (My personal favorite being Kayle, she just seems so flexible in Dominion, she can pretty much build against anyone.)

Metas will come and go, but learning how to counter build instead of just counter picking will carry you through all of it.
Ok? I've killed them all too. That doesn't mean they aren't horrifically powerful champions who rip through your teammates, and force you to play far better than they have to to beat them.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Wukong is amazingly overrated, Tryndamare, is even debatable if he is a decent pick in dominion. Panthoen is ok , nothing specially the only close to op is poppy and many of the best players disagree she is op. So ....
Assasins that are problematic on the other hand. Kassadin , fizz and talon.

GwynApNudd

12-20-2011

The problem is not that assassins are OP or UP. The problem is that a solely burst team is countered by a good team comp. If someone survives your burst, the whole thing falls apart. The problem is not counter picking (I'm going to assume that any further mention of counterpicking is directed to responders to my post, cause if you think my post is about needing to counter pick, you're not reading it). These people don't care who is on the other team (I play blind pick). These people don't care who is on THEIR team.

If your going to blindly pick champions without regard to what the rest of your team has picked, it works better to be picking Tanky DPS than assassins. Of course, as mentioned, there are assassins with a fair bit of survivability, and they are good picks by and large. I'm not sure they quite rise to the level of "Tanky" though. Most Tanky DPS can build a DPS item, and then tank gear, and proceed to wreck faces.

GrignardTS

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwynApNudd View Post
The problem is not that assassins are OP or UP. The problem is that a solely burst team is countered by a good team comp. If someone survives your burst, the whole thing falls apart. The problem is not counter picking (I'm going to assume that any further mention of counterpicking is directed to responders to my post, cause if you think my post is about needing to counter pick, you're not reading it). These people don't care who is on the other team (I play blind pick). These people don't care who is on THEIR team.

If your going to blindly pick champions without regard to what the rest of your team has picked, it works better to be picking Tanky DPS than assassins. Of course, as mentioned, there are assassins with a fair bit of survivability, and they are good picks by and large. I'm not sure they quite rise to the level of "Tanky" though. Most Tanky DPS can build a DPS item, and then tank gear, and proceed to wreck faces.
I honestly think part of the problem is the new defense masteries.

they're insanely powerful.

ZaberZ

12-20-2011

i have actually had all ap people before and it works out fine, but ya tryndamere is **** on this map, and op on twisted treeline, and alright on summoners rift