Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you use Smartcast?

Yes 273 67.41%
No 132 32.59%
Voters 405 .

POLL: Do you use Smartcast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JokersUnited

12-18-2011

All my friends tell me I should switch over and use the smartcast system but I feel I've been doing fine without it.
I was curious to see if anyone else feels it is much better than regular q-w-e-r.

Slotted Pig

12-18-2011

Yes. Once you start getting used to smartcast, you'll probably start asking yourself why you hadn't been using it all along.

UltraD1sk

12-18-2011

Use it!

Baron von Nashor

12-18-2011

i use for single target spells

Aidan M xD

12-18-2011

It's not really something that makes you a better player.

Some skills work better smart casted, some work better not.

For example, if you play fizz for a while it can be really frustrating having his ult on smart cast, where as with Ahri you need to be using your skills in quick succession.

Depends on the champ and skills.

KitsuneInari

12-18-2011

It's a bit faster, since you won't spend as much time aiming. It might pay off to not smartcast to get a sense of how far your spells go, but once you have range down then it's better to just smartcast so you don't have to waste time lining things up perfectly, you can just press and fire instantly.

Not recommended for Rumble or Lux, though, because Rumble ult goes DERP DERP (or so I've heard) and Lux's ult has a maximum range that's incredibly difficult to find when smartcasting.

OnlyBotLane

12-18-2011

I use my pinky to smart cast attack move and level my skills but I cannot for the life of me use it on the q button. i have to do e,r,d,f and active items all with index. I think my hand is retarded.

Cynickle

12-18-2011

For things like Karthus wall or Anivia's wall, don't use smart cast. Some skill shots it might also be worth not using smartcast. But for point'n click things, definitely use it. Janna's shield is just SO much better if you have smartcast :P

JNxxChingy

12-18-2011

I use it, but it doesn't matter... I just hate when they're 1 health running away... I can just spam my buttons while my mouse is on them.. Only benefit really for me.

SupremeDeity

12-18-2011

I find it kind of stupid, personally, but that's proabably because I hate changing how I arrange my fingers on the keyboard. You might as well try it