Why am i getting paired with people with three wins?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sock Monkee

12-18-2011

I understand our ELOs are similar, but this person has obviously not played much of dominon and is therefore at a significant disadvantage in terms of understanding team play in this mode.

There really needs to be a way to filter new players into this mode since it was introduced in a way that means there are lvl 30's who have little to no experience in the game mode. It puts teams at great disadvantages and i consistently see these players at the bottom of of scores and i cant imagine its very fun to look and see you are playing with people with much more experience.

Sock Monkee

12-18-2011

And now im getting paired with lvl 8 summoners? somehow i dont think this is good matchmaking at all.

Necks

12-18-2011

Experienced players have played ~1000 Dominion games by now. Roughly half wins, half losses. The "high invisible elo" players have about a ~60% win ratio.

A new player decides to play Dominion for the very first time. He wins 7 out of 10 games. 70% win ratio (!!!!). Matchmaking pulls him into a match with the 1000+ game players.

GG matchmaking.

Stimuz

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
Experienced players have played ~1000 Dominion games by now. Roughly half wins, half losses. The "high invisible elo" players have about a ~60% win ratio.

A new player decides to play Dominion for the very first time. He wins 7 out of 10 games. 70% win ratio (!!!!). Matchmaking pulls him into a match with the 1000+ game players.

GG matchmaking.
Is that seriously how it works? hahaha

Amoxus

Recruiter

12-18-2011

The matchmaking system will put you in custom pre-made games. So if a "team" is made between 3 buddies, it's possible one of them is very low level or has few Dom wins and is being carried by the other 2.

I've also seen people play 2 accounts at once in the same game so they can get their referral bonus...

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

12-20-2011

In SR riot has analyzed data and determined that it teams with a super good player and some bads win more than teams with all ok players. This may not apply in dominion, but they could be using the same match making system.

lbgsloan

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoxus View Post
The matchmaking system will put you in custom pre-made games. So if a "team" is made between 3 buddies, it's possible one of them is very low level or has few Dom wins and is being carried by the other 2.

I've also seen people play 2 accounts at once in the same game so they can get their referral bonus...
Basically this, and one of the big reasons we need a proper ranked mode. Sometimes it's nice to be on someone's 3-4 man premade since there will at least be some level of co-ordination between them (you hope). On the other hand, because premades inflate elo it can stick you with someone's low level friend in a hopeless game against five experienced level 30s. It shouldn't allow level 30s to get matched with a premade involving a sub-30.