Less raging in Dominion than Classic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InflictedChaoS

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
4. Teamwork is compulsory, in an SR game you can have 1 or 2 players "carry" the team to victory, with the other 3 flailing around ineffectually, in Dominion you MUST work together to achieve your goals, its almost impossible to win a 4v5.
Disagree completely.
Even in SR, unless your team is complete noobs, you shouldnt have a problem with only 1 or 2 enemies.
Using some form of CC or targeting the carries normally sorts out the problem. Therefore teamplay is necessary.

I agree that Dominion is more team dependant, however I have seen strategies where a champion like Heimerdinger just sits at the bot point with turrets all game. Yes it's strategic, but not teamplay.

"Carry" champions are still useful in Dominion as they are able to kill just as fast as on SR.

Dominion just offers a different and faster play style, allowing other champions to be more useful that others due to reasons like AoE, CC or movement speed.

User91528

12-19-2011

I've noticed less raging on Dom compared to Classic and for that reason I have only played Dominion since it's release. I've also noticed that a high percentage of the ragers, early GG'ers, complainers about 'this teammate' or 'baddies' typically have 1100-1600 ELO in ranked where they're probably used to raging being what the cool kids do.

PrometheanRage

12-19-2011

I have noticed this, too. SR games never end up being fun because someone is screaming at someone else all game long. Dominion, glhf usually gets a u2, often there is friendly chat between teams, people are chill and relaxed.

Such a nicer atmosphere.

fists and elbows

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

As a newer player, I definitely have been enjoying Dominion, due to less raging. I've played a low number of games, but seen no raging. Even had a guy join 7 or so mins late today, and I don't recall anyone raging at him, just the complaints before the gates even opened.

It's hard to get through one classic game without a young kiddy going ape on everyone. You also get a lot of rudeness from the other team.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists and elbows View Post
As a newer player, I definitely have been enjoying Dominion, due to less raging. I've played a low number of games, but seen no raging. Even had a guy join 7 or so mins late today, and I don't recall anyone raging at him, just the complaints before the gates even opened.

It's hard to get through one classic game without a young kiddy going ape on everyone. You also get a lot of rudeness from the other team.
Exactly this. I've had one rager across 75 or so games of Dominion.

Honestly, I don't mean to be rude or condescending, but considering most of the threads in GD bemoaning the haters, rager, and trolls playing Classic, I don't understand why most of people there even play anymore. They clearly aren't having any fun if they feel the need to spew hate in-game or on the forums.

It probably helps that the Dominion community seems to be a little more mature anyway. Lets face it, the mode appeals to, among others, people who can't devote 45 minutes or more to Classic (so, people with lives, basically). I think, as a group, we tend to be less rage-prone based on that fact alone.

Oh well, just another reason to never go back to Normals.

InflictedChaoS

12-21-2011

dominion feels more like a mini-game, as like a break from playing on SR.
imo Dominion should not be seen as the 'main game' :/

xGvPx

12-21-2011

I don't know. I had a Tristana rage on me recently when I brought Alistar down to help a pinned bottom teammate. Our three-top tried to rush windmill's four opponents for some reason, and they failed obviously w/o a tank so they all blamed me for their failed push. I told them it would be fine because we were up 150 points, I went back top after helping bot, and we won because I pretty much carried with like +25 assists.

I don't know, some people still don't understand you have to help bottom lane out sometimes. Also people tend to think you gotta get captures ASAP, and die rather than wait for teammates. People get so locked top it's not even funny. At least in SR it's pretty much mid lane end-game, which is easy enough for most people to understand.

Wyrmnax

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Much shorter games means people don't care if they start getting steam rolled, because that means the game will be over in 10 minutes rather than having it dragging out till the 20 min surrender mark.
I believe this is one of the main reasons why there is less *****ing at Dominions. If your team sucks, it will be over in 10 minutes. While on SR it will take at least 20 for a surrender.

IMSOJUICY

12-21-2011

there is definitely less raging in Dominion. i was trying out AS kennen and AP nasus yesterday and failing at it, and the rage was minimal at most. i also used karma, and no one even batted an eyelash. it was amazing!

Rebel Dragon

12-21-2011

Less down time. Death timers aren't as long and it doesn't take forever and a day to walk back to the action.