Less raging in Dominion than Classic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnmish

12-18-2011

As the Dominion playing community gains more experience and the general meta matures, has anyone else noticed that there is less raging in Dom compared to Classic?

I've been giving this some thought and I think I've identified the reasons why this could be.

1. Shorter games, mean less time to get riled up and have drawn out arguments

2. Almost no down time, compared to SRs 20 minute farming phase where you will often sit there literally watching minions beat each other almost to death with sharp sticks, in Dominion you must keep moving and responding to threats if you want to win.

3. Feeding/Fed champs matter less, due to passive gold/xp gain there is less of an issue with someone feeding or becoming stupidly fed, and as less importance is placed on K/D/A there is less ammo to rage on. (most Dominion players admit personal score means very little)

4. Teamwork is compulsory, in an SR game you can have 1 or 2 players "carry" the team to victory, with the other 3 flailing around ineffectually, in Dominion you MUST work together to achieve your goals, its almost impossible to win a 4v5.

5. Losing doesn't mean you are useless, because of the goals of Dominion, even a team that has been doing badly can pull it together and put up some sort of resistance. They may not win, but they can still make the enemy work for it, in SR a fed enemy team can stretch out a game intentionally simply to get more kills and torture/taunt their opponents.

So yeh, just some musing on a difference I've noticed, and perhaps this will give the Dominion community another point to make to the SR fanbois when they come a-trollin' next.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Theres also the fact that less people means less *******s and as you can see by the kind of trolls that come here sometimes, most trolls decided to stay in SR.

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-18-2011

It's definitely the fact that there's no time to chit chat unless you're afk-raging. Of which, it's really not as important if you die or fail 1 thing as there are about 20 other things to be doing as soon as you revive. I just like dominion so much more because of the fact that I can get my FWOTD without playing co-op and without worrying about a 60min loss in SR. I lose in dominion in 30min at most and I still have time for 1-2 more games within the same hour.

KimKelley

12-18-2011

Pretty much the shorter games and the lower down time lead to less raging. Games just feel less important and there's too much you could do in game rather than write an opus to a person you don't like.

I think the jerk level is equal between the two modes, however.

lbgsloan

12-18-2011

Mainly because of less downtime. The ragers are still around, they just don't have as much time to cry. I definely use the Verbal Abuse report a lot less in Dominion than I did in SR or TT. TT is the worst by far for it.

JasmineChen

12-18-2011

good post, several good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnmish View Post
3. Feeding/Fed champs matter less
the Dom equivalent is a teammate who dives a point 1v2 or gets shredded on defense when a stronger player would have held the line.

I've noticed also that (much as in SR) people will rage when you don't do what they expected/wanted (eg join them to make a 1v3 a 2v3 so you can both die)

Village Idiot

12-18-2011

Much shorter games means people don't care if they start getting steam rolled, because that means the game will be over in 10 minutes rather than having it dragging out till the 20 min surrender mark.

Im Lycan It

12-18-2011

I don't see much of a change. Just because there is less time for trolling, doesn't mean they wont afk, rage, then continue on their merry way to dive into a 3v1 near a tower and get destroyed. Maybe it's because I know how to press R while playing Karthus, who knows.

Eisenkrieger

12-18-2011

It might just be me, but people seem to just afk out or not connect a lot more in Dominion than SR

Daerkannon

12-18-2011

I've been playing draft dominion almost exclusively for almost a week now simply because of the more enjoyable playing atmosphere. Very few trolls, ragers or afkers. (blind pick has a serious problem with afkers). I suspect part of it is because of the 'lol, dominion' crowd that trolls SR ranked doesn't come to dominion because it doesn't have a ranked mode.

I'd love to play ranked SR, but when I only have time for a couple of games in an evening I'd rather they be enjoyable ones.