More Summoner Icons? Add Achievements?

Yes. 207 75.27%
No. 3 1.09%
Oh ****, there is an achievements tab! 24 8.73%
Oh ****, the pyramids are shooting lasers! 41 14.91%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

New Summoner Icons? Achievements?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryswick

12-18-2011

It's been forever.

Some of these don't even make sense, were they from failed champion's skill icons?

I personally use the pyramids, why? I have no idea, they have lasers shooting out of them.

My friend uses the green potion because it reminds him of Final Fantasy.

whatisthisidonteven.

You can even tie them in with achievements, for example, to get a Veigar summoner icon, you need to win 10 games with him.

To get the White Mage Veigar summoner icon, you need to win 25 games with him.

To get the Greybeard Veigar summoner icon, you need to win 50 games with him, and so on.

Or maybe you just get the icon with unlocking the skin, that would give more incentive to buy the skin.

Or better yet, do both, make us buy the skin, then have to win the games to get the icon. You get the money, we get some achievements to... achieve.

We still see that 'Achievements' tab in the corner of our profiles.

People would have a reason to play other champions, or just play more in general if they had achievements to... achieve.

With some creative thinkin' you could indirectly make some money off of it too.

Richea

12-18-2011

Good idea.

Silver Elo Scrub

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-18-2011

Riot will only make these changes if you pay RP to unlock them.

Zerdo

12-18-2011

New summoner icons for 6300 inc.

ZZZappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-18-2011

I really like that! unlocking portraits for champions after winning a certain amount of games. Well done sir!

Rogith

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZappy View Post
I really like that! unlocking portraits for champions after winning a certain amount of games. Well done sir!
This can be a good idea or a horrible one. If this was implemented, you would most likely run into people that instalock a certain champion despite enemy team picks or team comp just because they want to get a summoner icon. It could cause even more trolling. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have new summoner icons especially of champions I love to play (Lee Sin summoner icon OP), but I don't know if this is the best way to do it.

ZZZappy

Recruiter

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by oHykon View Post
This can be a good idea or a horrible one. If this was implemented, you would most likely run into people that instalock a certain champion despite enemy team picks or team comp just because they want to get a summoner icon. It could cause even more trolling. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have new summoner icons especially of champions I love to play (Lee Sin summoner icon OP), but I don't know if this is the best way to do it.
People do this anyways.

EDIT: Alright, alright, here's a way for them to make even more money. Purchasing a skin allows the portrait of that skin to be used as a summoner icon. No trolling, just profit.

splaaaatt

12-18-2011

My summoner icons are the Chinese art icons, so they're like...chibi versions of characters. I'm currently using the TF icon, which I think is the equivalent of the Lizard Elder.

ZZZappy

Recruiter

12-18-2011

bump

Flytrap

12-18-2011

Dear god Riot, give us some new summoner icons already.

Seriously, look at all of the random ability icons, item pictures, and champion portraits you could make available to us. Please?