Karma or Orianna?

Karma 25 58.14%
Orianna 18 41.86%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Buying a support: Karma or Orianna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helixes

12-18-2011

I dislike Karma on dom. Most of her damage is tied to mantra, which is really terrible (only two mantra can be saved at once). The slow leash damage is impossible without a friend on vent or some team speak system. This leaves her with one reliable damage ability, and it is low range.

I prefer Orianna. All her abilities can damage, she has a shield, CC, and unlike most mages and auto attack that can actually do more than tickle. Not to mention she zones hard, even a cass could be put the the test against a good ori. Not to mention the amount of AoE out classes karma heavily since it is actually reliable, and ori is not as easily ganked (Karma MUST have one mantra at all times for her slow or she will die). Her ult is also very dangerous to maintain on dom were damage out put is much higher.

lbgsloan

12-18-2011

I'd say use another support entirely. If you must get one of those two, Orianna is slightly more useful from what I've seen. She can at least siege top with her long range attacks. Karma is just a gimped Janna at the moment. Why Riot refuses to do anything with her, I don't know.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

12-18-2011

Karma is pretty bad. For practical purposes she has 2 damage spells. One of which requires a mantra charge. Her ratios aren't very good either.

Orianna isn't really a support.

Soraka is a pretty good supporty champ fro dominion.

Stimuz

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
I'd say use another support entirely. If you must get one of those two, Orianna is slightly more useful from what I've seen. She can at least siege top with her long range attacks. Karma is just a gimped Janna at the moment. Why Riot refuses to do anything with her, I don't know.
I don't get why people are downvoting Karma vs Janna, it's true. I will say Karma can do nice burst if you can connect your W while dropping your QRE combo, not easy to do unless you're bot lane though.

PrimalHatred

12-18-2011

I think Karma is best played with a premade. Having her leash to someone like Amumu, Alistar, or Sion could be devastating. Ori is a little bit better at doing her own thing, she has the range to be useful without risking herself or requiring backup.