Why a Lv 15 player vs Lv30 in the normal solo queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0runningman0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

It is totally inbalance in the solo queue..
15 level difference = 15 runes & 15 mastery points...
the queue system like that hell is really make the game not fun

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-17-2011

Runes and masteries don't have nearly as big of an impact as you think they do. That aside, the only reason a level 30 would be playing against a level 15, is if he was queued with several lower levels, or you were queued with higher levels.

Kuryaka

12-17-2011

Each Tier 3 rune is weaker than a mastery point's worth of stats.
And masteries are still pretty weak. I think the only ones that give you a significant edge up are the summoner spell masteries.

Now are you being outmatched completely, or are you concerned about the power difference? Because the stat boost isn't significant. Two ways a level 15 can be matched with higher levels is if he's in a premade or he's just won ALL the games. The Elo system messes up sometimes, but following a string of losses it drops back down and everything is k.

GoFsDotA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-17-2011

asd

Ambiencat

12-18-2011

I've played against several level 30s as a level 16. I am frequently matched with people in the 20s, and have occasionally faced a level 30. I always assumed it was because either they sucked or I was doing good (for my level).

Tristan Trades

12-18-2011

There aren't enough lvl 30 players in solo que to match them all against eachother, most of them are playing ranked. So unless Riot wants to make those players wait for hours they have to match them up against lower levels.

TehomCD

12-18-2011

You can also safely assume that any level 30 you're matched against as a level 15 player won't be very good. They may be level 30, but it'll never match you against an expert as a novice.