@Brackhar (or other Rioters): Why remove Priscilla's Blessing and Warmog's Armour?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YurdleTheTurtle

12-17-2011

Hey ya. This is mostly directed at Brackhar, though other Rioters are welcome. Alternatively, would also be great if someone who knows why posts up. Please link to the Rioter's comment if possible!

I am wondering what is the rationale behind removing Prscilla's Blessing and Warmog's Armour. I could have sworn you guys were talking about this prior to the patch that removed it, but that was a long time ago and I can't find it.

I'd like to update my Dominion Mega FAQ and Mechanics Explanation thread (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=15961347) with information on why these two items were removed.

Thanks.

Veztai

12-17-2011

I think the reasoning was:

Priscilla's was basically a newb trap. Fills 1/6th of your items for really poor stats and ensures that all you're going to do is try to ninja cap. This fails hard against any team that's organised and makes you a liability to your whole team. And whether it does work or not, it's still very unfun to play against because you're always having to run back and forth to stop this one guy.

Warmog's on the other hand was removed because it was too good of an item, giving really useful stats for a fairly small price. It was pretty much the way to go if you were playing some sort of AD/tanky-dps champ. They took it out before they actually finished making the replacement item, though.

SentinelOfPain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

I agree with Veztai for the Priscilla's, but I feel the warmog removal was unjustified. Especially when one of your AD teammates could just build razor.

Scrubsicle

12-17-2011

Every item is designed to have a weakness.

Warmog's weakness was that it takes a while to fully build up the stacks. That weakness was removed in Dominion, when stacks are incredibly easy to get. Because Armor and Magic Resist can be penetrated by the Crystal Scar Aura, this makes Health pretty much -the- most useful Defensive stat. This makes the item overpowered. And Kitae's can only do so much, and it doesn't even do the same amount of damage Madred's would.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-17-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

veztai and scrubsicle pretty much covered it.

ViolentlyCar

12-17-2011

For the record, a Dominion-appropriate item like Warmog's Armor was considered, but the devs decided that Warmog's itself was a problem so they yanked it before the new item was ready. I'm not really sure what the status on that item is.

YurdleTheTurtle

12-17-2011

Thanks for the info everyone, and thanks ricklessabandon for the confirmation. I'll add this to my mega FAQ thread then.