How much IP do you get for participating in the Tribunal?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrapnoid

07-30-2012

5 IP isn't bad per case at all. I really takes very little time to do 15 cases a day. that's a few thousand IP a month and it is kind of fun actually.

Robot Beat Rally

07-30-2012

do it on my breaks at work, what else am i gonna do for 15 minutes

XXUGOTPWNEDXX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

u get barley any ip

DreamEscape

08-03-2012

Back to the Tribunal being broken. Most cases it is clearly a matter of the players personal experience (if they are really taking the time to read the chat log) if or not they will deem the player thats being reported is deserving of punishment or not.

I read 80% of the posts on here and most of you spend about 2 to 3 min per case, really that seems so short to me. Maybe it is just me but, when i judge there are many factors in the game you have to be aware of. First i will take a look at what they are reporting for (this is not always the case of why they are deemed punishable but it gives you an idea of what the players felt the need to report for) as well as reading the comments they may have put.

Second factor i will look at is curse, slang, excessive use of caps and constant use of typing other then playing. Unless you have 3 hands chances are if you are typing out 2 lines every 5 to 10 seconds, you are not playing to your best or even trying for most people.

Third Factor i will examine is the constant egging on by the teamates or opposite team or the main cause to why the person is blowing up. in 80% of the cases i have graded so far, the one reported was provoked immensly, and so much i wanted to judge the ones reporting the player. A lot of times you will get premades where these players all know each other and agree all on the same thing to report for the same thing, to make it a bigger deal that brings me to my Fourth Factor.

Fourth Factor, there are ways to determine more or less if it is a pre-made. For example Olaf messed up on a gank, maybe got a tiny bit upset at himself but you will then read before olaf even says anything to other players that akali and tryndamere are blaming him and calling him a noob. One thing to remember is, yes the person being accused may be guilty of his or her language/raging maybe even troll like racial comments and slurrs but if they are provoked into it or being made fun of for the stupidest reasons, then it is not them who should be reported, its the ****s who thought they could get away with anything just cause they are friends and can group up and do reports on the same guy leading to supopsedly (for those who do not catch pre-mades) bad judgment.

One more major Facotr to pay attention to, and that is their items and cs/kil/assist/death ratio. If there are a bunch of teamates who feel they are being ksed and then see the kser go afk for 5 min due to RL and the report him for afk and say he was not doing anything or contributing that would be false. The tribunal as broke as it is, has all these things for you to look at for a reason.

To sum it all up, take all these factors in consideration when judging someone, do not let your own judgmentalness get in the way just because you had a bad game, or just because you do not want to play with a guy who capsed raged like the one you just witnessed. We are all human after all, and are prone to mistakes, if they continue to have the same type of reports done to them by many different players in multiple games, chances are they are deserving of some sort of puinshment. How great the offense? That is up to you my fellow Summoners.

Also note that me personally, i do not care about the ip you get, or if the majority deems my pardon or punishment correct among the average, and neither should any of you. Do not judge so that you think the majority of people might judge the reported player as, just so you can get a higher chance at ip. Instead i would suggest judging them on your personal experience in games, and pay attention to all the detail that is given. Try not caring about what the Riot staff thinks is correct when you get your evaluation of how many you got "right" in your mail, because they are just human as well and often make mistakes when letting players go or punishing players who are really not bad people, just because the majority thought differently does not mean it is correct or "right". Have fun out there Summoners and thank you for reading.

The Jordunn

08-03-2012

it would be awesome if instead getting 5 ip you were to get 5 rp or even 5 of bot rp and ip that way you can then buy skins and help clean up th community

VigilenceX

08-04-2012

Reward system should be reworked.

5 IP is fairly cheap considering players are doing a job that would normally be done by a paid Riot employee.

Eftychios

08-04-2012

Another thread concerned about the IP gain, I wish riot would realize how many players would stop doing the tribunal if they found out they got no IP out of it.

XXUGOTPWNEDXX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

it would be good to get 30ip per case but 5 come on really.. not many will do tribunal anymore if they know they gain 5ip

Das Summoner

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador View Post
While calculating the IP gain for the Tribunal we wanted to keep IP gain at roughly the same rate of game play, which if you look at the time required to do 10 Tribunal tickets, is comparable. If you vote correctly on all of your ten cases, if this is your allotted amount, you will receive 50IP for ten minutes of time and for creating a more favorable experience for your peers.

Wrong votes do not get an IP reward and continuous incorrect punishes can cause you to lose your right to vote in the Tribunal.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador
I have a question for you, as you stated "continuous incorrect punishes can cause you to lose your right to vote in the Tribunal", how do you even know if its incorrect?

These tribunals are open to interpretation of our opinion's. Opinions cant be wrong because there opinions. What I might think warrants a punish, someone else might not, and that totally fine because its their opinion and how they look at it.

Anyways I was just curious.

GameraKaiju

08-08-2012

I mostly do tribunal when I have nothing else to do really, its not like you have to do it. I usually play league for the first win of the day and maybe 1 or 2 games more then I'm done. I have basketball to do which takes up a bit of time but when I come home and I'm tired I just listen to some music and open up tribunal and judge some cases. Some of them are actually funny to see but I judge each one carefully, then I go browse the web some more when I'm done. Its not like I was going to spend that 20 minutes doing something productive.

Although it is hard sometimes to judge based on what you have, I've had cases where the chat logs are empty which makes it a bit harder. I also laugh when I see one person has 5 reports a case. I mean I don't see why people are complaining about tribunal honestly, its not like you have to complete it to play the game, although I do think the ip should be changed to ten ip a case. Since it would give you the equal amount to 150 ip the same as the first win of the day.