How much IP do you get for participating in the Tribunal?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HurricaneFist

12-17-2011

I'm a pretty cheap person (having not bought a single Riot point in my summoner career), so any chance to earn extra IP is great. How much IP do you get per case? Do you get notified or something when you receive your IP?

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

5 Ip per case you judge correctly. You will get an email with how many cases you judged correctly on. It isnt instant and it wont happen right away. Sometimes it take weeks for your cases that you judged on to be complete.

HurricaneFist

12-17-2011

So like nothing.

K.

Mpalm

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneFist View Post
So like nothing.

K.
It's more of a tool to clean up the community than a free IP machine.

OmySpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

If all you want is IP you're better off just playing the game. Tribunal is to try to get negative players out of the game.

So So SuBLiMiNaL

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ferret View Post
5 Ip per case you judge correctly. You will get an email with how many cases you judged correctly on. It isnt instant and it wont happen right away. Sometimes it take weeks for your cases that you judged on to be complete.
How do you judge "right?"
I've done the tribunal for 1 hour today and so far all it has been is tons of racism/cursing.

But I have to admit, the tribunal is broken. I judged a case today where a Trundle got reported by a troll. The Anivia on his team was using her ice wall to block him off whenever he was being chased by the enemy team. His instant reaction was pretty basic (one most of us would go to). Basically he told the Anivia to f**k off and stop trolling (I admit he got a bit excessive with his swearing and he should have just /ignored her and went on with his life) but if anybody deserves to get banned it should be the troll (Anivia) not the poor guy who simply reacted.

Lord Ferret

12-17-2011

Judging right is determined by the majority of votes in the tribunal and riots final say of what happens.

OmySpy

12-17-2011

When a case is finished, if it has a clear majority or either Punish or Pardon, it is lumped into that category. Those who voted with the majority would be considered "right" in their voting. Therefore, it is assumed that more people will vote correctly than not, and if you vote with that majority (which should be correct) then you are correct too and are rewarded.

As for the case you bring up, it has nothing to do with the Tribunal being broken. That report would have gotten made either way, the difference is that instead of a Riot guy looking through every report, we have the chance to decide if it is a valid complaint or not, and if it is, then Riot can look at it and decide if that Trundle should be punished. If he reported Anivia for the trolling, she will come up in Tribunal also, but you didn't receive that case. If you believe that the report on Trundle was false/incorrect, you are there to Pardon it and make sure that guy doesn't get in trouble. That is the point of the Tribunal, and I don't see how it is broken.

llDeathCowll

12-17-2011

Everyonce and a while you'll get an email that looks like this.
Greetings llDeathCowll!

We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 45 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 225 Influence Points.

OmySpy

12-17-2011

^Yep

I got 52 cases at once last time, it was awesome.

1234511 ... 16