What Advice Would You Give for New TT Players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLamentingLoon

12-13-2011

Hi. I have only played TT once and that was months ago when I first started playing LoL. A friend of mine and I decided to try it out together (he was new to the game as well) and to make this short:

1. We had no map awareness.

2. We got wrecked (though I held my lane with Maokai for a while). Can you say surrender?

But now I want to try something new and probably will take up TT soon.

So, what type/kind of champs work best? What champs are more of a challenge? What other starting advice can you give?

Thanks.

Koldheartedjsp

12-13-2011

always ward red and dragon
maintaining control of all the buff mobs is more important than ganking (but don't let the enemy control the game through ganking)
if you've been maintaining control of the jungle mobs its very likely you're ahead even though you are a couple kills down

Gold to item effectiveness ratio is incredibly important on twisted treeline, way more so than summoners rift. Example: It is much harder to get away with wasted stats in TT than it is in SR

champs that are good are ones that bring utility to the match that can also maintain a fight as well as put out damage. Champs with blinks are also very strong

sealzilla

12-13-2011

A heads up you will lose to certain team compositions no matter what and you will have a hard time in ranked unless you have most of the characters and enough runes set up for each. To counterpick the enemy. Squishy mages tend not to do so well

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

If you're playing an unranked game, and you see they have Trynd/Shaco/LeeSin on their team (any 2 of those combined), you lost at champion select. It's not your fault. Any champion that can teleport over a wall built into their champion kit is what people call 'Tier 1' in Twisted Treeline.

Aside from that, 1 dragon kill is worth roughly 3 champion kills for your entire team. Never lose a dragon for free (get a kill/turret in exchange if you can't actually get it yourself), never begin a game without a person on your team being capable of soloing a dragon (get any jungler on your team even if they intend to lane).

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

If the whole team is MIA, they are probably at dragon; or get ready to be ganked.

If bot is Mia they are either ganking top or got pushed out of lane and are healing. Either way, act as if you are about to get ganked.

If top is MIA, they are in jungle. You know what, eff it just treat this as a gank as well.

Wards can completely change a game. Buy them and use them often. Buy some pinks to counter ward, it's worth it.

Clearist

12-14-2011

if they have a jungler and you don't, always put 2 top. you will lose to a competent team if you put 2 bot under those circumstances.

constantly ward mid and dragon. pink wards are good.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
pink wards are good.
/Thread.

Not LiteKerosene

12-14-2011

Be at dragon before it spawns, champs can solo kill it in under 10 seconds at level 4.

Twilight Monkey

12-14-2011

Usually, in a team composition you will need :

one range
Two melee

at least one AP
at least one AD

At least one carry
One tank/off-tank

CC
AoE (optionnal but good in team fights)

-these qualities can be interchanged, for exemple your dps could be melee (Xin Zhao) or ranged (Tristanna) and can either be ap or ad: melee-Jax, ranged- Ezreal
-some can be spread through the team: If all characters has some minor CC it can counterweight someone with heavy CC)

Team exemple: Gangplank, Brand, Rammus.

Gangplank and rammus are melee and Brand is ranged but GP can Parrrrrley with enemies.
Gangplank is a physical dps, Brand a nuker and rammus the full tank.
All have some form of CC
All have AoE

P.S: Fear Tryndamere

Koldheartedjsp

12-14-2011

also never ever RELY on an MIA

I'm not saying don't call mia, but do not rely on one.

There are a few champions that can blink through the wall and come gank your lane before your team mate even has a chance to type mia