Cho'gath-the daylight it burns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gooberry

10-06-2009

This is my first attempt at making a guide for a champion i play, so be gentle with the ******bagyness. This is also just a build that works for me when i play so i thought id share it.

Runes-i go straight health run build for him, use health per level so you get the most at 18

masteries-well i dont really change my masteries up much i just generally go 25-4-1

abilities-Rupture
Spikes
Scream
keep getting in that order and get your ult whenever you can upgrade it

Items- the first things i get are 2 regrowth pendants, these plus cho'gaths ability to regain hp after killing things keeps you farming for a long time

i get boots of swiftness next so he is generally faster then most other champs and can catch up to them to use rupture to slow

after boots i go for frozen mallet, it gives cho'gath hp which is pretty much all he is, some dmg which doesnt hurt, and the ability to slow, this will give you an op advantage to get kill any fleeing badguys or at least give your team a chance to catch up and stop them even more

i next work on force of nature, it gives me magic resist and huge health regen, so i gain health crazy when i kill packs of mobs, it also gives a speed increase which will put cho'gath up to like 430 speed which most champs do get to so he can chase down almost everyone in the game

Warmongs is next, more hp and regen and gain hp and regen over time, if you have been eating with ult and not dying, this should put you over 4.5k health by the time you get it.

then sunfurys cape, more hp and armor, plus the dmg thing that it does makes getting close to you suicide for anyone

finally atma's impaler, by the time you get this you might have over 6k health if you have your ult at max eats, thats 120 plus extra dmg and armor, you will be hitting about 250 dmg now with 6k health, and the reason i grab this last is i dont go for kills with cho'gath, i play as the main tank and kill assist giver when i play him

i will be putting up my twitch build pretty soon after this

Tentakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2009

he is not a killer? but he looks like one of those badass killer xenomorphs

AI Assimilator

10-06-2009

no guardian angel?

Gooberry

10-06-2009

i used to use gaurdian but then i learned how much frozen mallet owns for him

Husbane

10-06-2009

Not a bad way to play him, also not how I play him, either way, might I recommend using proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization in a guide. It will help you be taken more seriously.

SmecssRaege

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husbane View Post
Not a bad way to play him, also not how I play him, either way, might I recommend using proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization in a guide. It will help you be taken more seriously.
QFT....after all the time i take making mine, guides like these just hurt my brain ~_~

the content is there...but make it presentable and expand a lot more on how to actually play it

Stay Crunchy

10-06-2009

Not really a fan of this guide at all. From the second grade level spelling and grammar to the suggestions and strategies the OP uses I don't think he's an authority on the character at all.

Firstly, stacking HP beyond a certain point anymore is asking for a madred's user to absolutely rape your face off. Sticking with 1 HP item or maybe 2 depending on the choice is really the most I would probably recommend.

Secondly, there's no AP in this build. With his buff to AP scaling on all abilities using a rod of the ages for your HP, MP, and AP is really an incredible item. Near the end of a game if you've got that early(pre 20min) and are doing well you'll have close to 800 damage feasts. At 6 growths that's an amazing opener on a target or finisher.

You also don't go a tank build to help buff his less than stellar armor and magic resist. GA is a nice item but more often then not just gets you killed twice.

You also failed to discuss the use of exp boosting runes or masteries to get you to 6 and feasting faster than other heroes. This can be a huge boost for cho'gath if you have a solid early game, reaching 6 while other are 3. A quick gank rupture + feast can tank out some of the squishies as well.

I'd say you need another 25-50 games with the 'gath to make a solid guide.

AI Assimilator

10-06-2009

The biggest annoyance in endgame is that if the teams are close to equal and it isnt a one sided game that there will be a few team battles and you will probably die in one of them. Losing over 20%-33% of your survivability instantly and thats why I mentioned guardian angel. You come back with feast stacks still up and if your lucky enough that the team battle was close to equal and not your side losing 4 players and them losing none you could probably still get away or at least help tanking or even use rupture/silence and maybe feast to get a kill.

I really dont see why they can't just remove the feast reset upon death condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Crunchy View Post
Secondly, there's no AP in this build. With his buff to AP scaling on all abilities using a rod of the ages for your HP, MP, and AP is really an incredible item. Near the end of a game if you've got that early(pre 20min) and are doing well you'll have close to 800 damage feasts.
The base feast with no AP is 800. Rod of ages fully charged only adds 40 damage to feast.