Ryze Overrated?

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Scenario; Opponents Kat jumps in the middle of your team and ults, shredding whole team but Ryze. Ryze survives, but the rest of his team is dead or near death. Ryze couldnt break her ult. Janna or Fiddles could easily break her ult.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
Scenario; Opponents Kat jumps in the middle of your team and ults, shredding whole team but Ryze. Ryze survives, but the rest of his team is dead or near death. Ryze couldnt break her ult. Janna or Fiddles could easily break her ult.
Ryze can break her, doesn't that count?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
If you want AP and Ryze is available and you don't , I dont know what to tell you. (unless you consider Kassadin and fizz mages, if you do, it may be ok to pick them over Ryze).

Ryze even at mediocre play outclasses every ranged ap champ. He is a monstertruck and clearly top 5 in dominion (maybe even the best)
So you believe he plainly outclasses all other mages? Because thats the subject. What are the other 4? All AD carries? Assassins? You see no use for utility?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
Scenario; Opponents Kat jumps in the middle of your team and ults, shredding whole team but Ryze. Ryze survives, but the rest of his team is dead or near death. Ryze couldnt break her ult. Janna or Fiddles could easily break her ult.
So you don't play draft.

Because if you did your team would have counter picked Kat on top of picking ryze.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
Ryze can break her, doesn't that count?
Not in time if she isnt dumb and gets a little mag res....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
So you believe he plainly outclasses all other mages? Because thats the subject. What are the other 4? All AD carries? Assassins? You see no use for utility?
Pick ryze first.

Enemy picks a counter.

Your teammate picks a counter to their counter and you go top on Ryze.

Laugh at opponen as you win the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waterd

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Simple, you have ryze to Tank, Do damage, Assasin and Aoe nuke. Now you have 4 free picks to counter kat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimuz

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
So you believe he plainly outclasses all other mages? Because thats the subject. What are the other 4? All AD carries? Assassins? You see no use for utility?
He does as far as "AP" carries go. The way he builds and the retarded way spell vamp works with his AoE spells means that to kill him in a decent timeframe EVERYONE on your team has to build pretty heavy into magic resist or he'll just vamp off the squishy. This includes pets, minions ect. Or you need an unusually high amount of CC.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evilXkilla

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
Not in time if she isnt dumb and gets a little mag res....
I guess you don't play Kat. Any defensive item on her = can't insta kill everyone with ulti like you say she did in your "scenario". You assume this amazing kat has truck loads of AP, your team is dumb enough not to have any MR whatsoever and on top of that not a single counterpick to Kat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcomancer

Senior Member

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilXkilla View Post
So you don't play draft.

Because if you did your team would have counter picked Kat on top of picking ryze.
It doesnt just have to be Kat, its many champs abilities that require an interrupt to deal with. Ryze doesnt have one. I primarily play draft btw.


12345612 ... 14