Ryze Overrated?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

None of those champions you name were banned.
Only a couple were picked, and even then only picked once.

Thus they are no where near on the same level as Ryze

Narcomancer

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmonok View Post
Trolls trolling trolls. This thread, although completely pointless, is amusing.
Am I a troll dude? How is that with all do respect? I admit I may not have kept my cool as much as I would have liked when getting trolled, however, I don't view myself that way at all.

KimKelley

12-19-2011

A poll has been made.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=18701941&posted=1#post18701941

Xavderion

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
Very interesting way to measure it. A great deal of merit in one way, yet slightly lacking in another. Still definately food for thought. I find several mages ban worthy actually, but it has a lot to do with the frequency of their use too. Lux isnt used frequently enough to be a common ban, however she is a beast in dom. Heimer is Ban worthy easily, however he needs to go top with the group rather than bot, or only bot for a short while since an opposing bot needs only to build some mr to handle him. Karthus can be reasonably ban worthy, Anivia, fiddlesticks, Malzahar and Leblanc. I dont think that there is an absolute direct relationship to the viability of a champ and its frequency of use, though clearly there is a strong relationship. Thanks for the post, that was thought inspiring, I would be interested to hear your perspective on this commentary, thanks.
You're right when you say that bans aren't a perfect measure of viability, e.g. Xerath is very strong on SR, but nobody bans him because he isn't played that frequently. Yet I don't agree on other AP carries being ban worthy (maybe with the exception of Heimer, though I find him a bit overrated (ha!) on Dominion because he really sucks late game) because I would rather face a Lux/Karthus/Anivia etc than a Ryze. Ryze also beats every AP carry in bot lane as he reaches mid and late game and he isn't really countered by assassins, whereas other AP carrys certainly are.
What usually happens late game is that the tanky derps get too tanky to kill for an AP and the assassins are so strong that they can usually oneshot the AP so he can't do much to help out the team. If they choose to build defensive items, their damage lacks quite a bit and they can't really outburst anyone. That is Ryze's biggest advantage, he builds defensive items all game but his damage doesn't suffer at all, it even increases. He's a late game monster and being that is very important on Dominion because you almost always reach late game no matter what.

brossef

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcomancer View Post
RealWolfM; I've seen you make personal attacks in forum toward fellow summoners countless times, and after you made a few toward me, I gave you very clear warning that I would not tolerate it and I would email Riot directly if you continue. You have made your decision.

http://weknowmemes.com/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here/

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Yeah, that reminds me, have you emailed riot that you are bad at LoL and shouldn't be allowed on their forums any more?

Bean Heart

12-20-2011

Xerath could go toe to toe with Ryze because neither can close the gap and both have some form of CC. Additionally though Xerath can just sit back, and both get natural tankiness, and Xerath generally doesn't build WotA because he isn't supposed to be that close to the fight.