Flat health runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RokPaprBazooka

07-10-2010

ive been checking out Phreak's champion spotlights and he seems to really favor those flat health runes for alot of his builds. I feel flat health runes are not really worth it; whats an additional 100 hp really? I am curious what you guys think of flat health runes. Is it worth it? if so why?

Zombie44R

07-10-2010

probably for early game advantange, to get as much exp an kills, but later they arent as effective as sum other per lvl runes

Leonardo da Vinci

07-10-2010

each player have different taste.. maybe he like Hp and live a bit longer so he got some HP? to me 100 extra HP doesn't really worth it.. if your a good player then you shouldn't loose HP and die

JPAL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

I play tanky heroes, so I prefer dodge to health as a dodge can negate damage multiple times while the flat health can only absorb 1 hit... if that.
Flat health is good early but can be easily replaced by one of doron's set if you like to play a little risky early on then doron's + flat health runes can give you an edge on other less tanky champs.

Or maybe he dosen't want to get other runes cus he's saving his IP for the next hero

Carados

07-10-2010

If you can't sustain harass in a lane, you'll get pushed out of your lane, and you'll get underleveled and underfarmed. If you don't have your core by when you need it, you're going to contribute badly to team fights.

Also, it helps you get first blood, escape level 1 ganks, etc, etc.

Insanious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-11-2010

The +100hp a hero gaines in the beginning of the game can save you from a gank or give you just enough hp to get first blood without dying. If you watch a lot of high level play there are not a lot of deaths so a single death means A LOT. Flat HP Quints will help save your team from being 1st blooded.

Not to mention, a lot of high level games don't last long which means you get more time with more life from flat hp quints instead of hp/lvl

YEEKUZA

07-11-2010

as someone who loves to go for early game ganks, i feel 100hp is GODLY because you stay in there longer but i have a bonus 200hp when i start out b/c of runes and masteries and i am almost never harassed hard enough to back out of a lane as long as my lane partner is harassing at my side and i serve as a tank dps

Minrog

07-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
If you can't sustain harass in a lane, you'll get pushed out of your lane, and you'll get underleveled and underfarmed. If you don't have your core by when you need it, you're going to contribute badly to team fights.

Also, it helps you get first blood, escape level 1 ganks, etc, etc.
I use flat hp quints, mainly for early burst survival. I don't think flat hp quints help sustain harass. Being able to sustain harass is more focused on your ability to reclaim hit points over time, not having a slightly boosted hit point pool. You'd be better off with hp / 5 quints if it is only about harass.

RamboBatman

07-11-2010

The benefit you gain from runes is very small when compared to the benefit from items. The only time runes really matter is during the early game when everyone only has their starting items. It is for this reason that flat health quints are preferred by many. The extra 100 health can often be the difference between life and death in an early skirmish. Also, the 100 health bonus is effective on every champion so you only have to buy one set of quintessences instead of several for different classes. Basically, they're the best runes that you can buy.

The only runes that really violate the "only useful early game" rule are dodge runes which are unique in that they scale throughout the game and provide a stat that can only be purchased on two items, neither of which is particularly good. That being said, dodge suffers from diminishing returns so dodge quints and seals are less efficient than just dodge seals.

Lawful

07-11-2010

MMmmm, chicken