LeBlanc vs Ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicMyshu

12-17-2011

Does LeBlanc stand a chance? I'm relatively new to LeBlanc, but I've noticed that the margin of error for LeBlanc is much more strict than Ahri. For starters, LeBlanc is squishier than Ahri, but is forced to use a W skill that puts her directly into harm's way.

Example, I see a champion who overextends I burst him down in about 1.5 seconds in the midst of a bunch of chaos during a 5v5 teamfight at our turret as LeBlanc. During the burst, I get charmed before I can teleport back with my W. In less than 1 second I get exploded by the enemy team (everyone hates LeBlanc) Now I could have teleported back with my W, but the charm spell disabled me before I could use it. Charm is a spell that Ahri casts from a much safer position than Leblanc is capable of contributing to any battle from. My chain was out of the question without using a W because there were minions all in the way. So my choice was to either let the overextended champion get away, or to try to contribute and kill him. Of course I try to contribute and the best I am able to do in that siution is a 1:1 trade. With Ahri able to survive the exhange without ever getting in harm's way.

Now the other examples is LeBlanc vs Ahri mid. Ahri simply evades LeBlanc at early levels. And after 6 levels, should you have any designs on LINING UP ur chain at any point during ur burst. Ahri is likely to escape easily just by using her ultimate with charm while spamming all her other abilities in a fit of panic - and if that fails she will just flash away as well-. On the otherhand, should Ahri decide to be the aggressor, Leblanc's options are more limited when it comes to escaping from Ahri, as Ahri's dash and charm and other less difficult to fudge up skills will easily follow Leblanc as she tries to escape just because of the way that their skills combo together.

Now I'm not saying Ahri is OP at all. But as a person who loves high skillcap champions, I'm feeling like LeBlanc's inability to use chain through minion waves (not in itself under powered), as well as her need get in harm's way in order to use Q or W make playing against this new generation of EXCEPTIONALLY mobile damage dealers a bit of frustrating experience. There is no cornering Fizz or Ahri,and bursting down Volibear is just lolz. Because you'll spend way too much time spamming spells, and before you know it, someone has jumped over the map and disabled you/slowed/stunned somehow, and is dealing just as much % of your max HP in damage as you were to your own target.

Yes, in other words due to LeBlanc's squishieness, everyone bursts her down as quickly as she bursts anyone else. The difference is that her skillset is much more difficult to use.

My point is...I'm not seeing the tactical advantage to using LeBlanc. What you gain in burst, you give up in durability. And so you end up with a champion whose damage output advantage is nullified by her own squishiness. And then add on top of that how impractical her skills are in a practical setting.

What do you think?

Madkhatz

12-17-2011

A good Lablanc will steam roll ahri, less then 5 seconds she can 3 shot a squishy.
Lablanc has huge huge huge dps. But she has to land her skill shots perfectly.

I played Ahri in ranked twice and went 7/0/X and 15/4/13, but had played aginst a good Lablanc in elo a day ago. She wiped the floor with me, did'nt kill me when my ulti was up. but yah, she takes you down so fast.

Put it this way if she's at 20% and your at 100, one good rotation of her combo kills you or takes you down to 20% and her distortion allows her to dodge skill shots.

She's just really hard to use. Ahri's charm does'nt break chains and if she hits you with it. By the time she moves to run the chain will go off. Example.

You chain Ahri, she hits you with charm, turns to run. Chain goes off bam, she stuck for a second... Lets you move in. Also whe you got her chained, you can move all around her so she has to aim it and when your chained she might be paniced. So it's a small window to charm or run. Ulti is a better idea and then it's down.... Her tower is exposed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMyshu View Post
Does LeBlanc stand a chance? I'm relatively new to LeBlanc, but I've noticed that the margin of error for LeBlanc is much more strict than Ahri. For starters, LeBlanc is squishier than Ahri, but is forced to use a W skill that puts her directly into harm's way.

Example, I see a champion who overextends I burst him down in about 1.5 seconds in the midst of a bunch of chaos during a 5v5 teamfight at our turret as LeBlanc. During the burst, I get charmed before I can teleport back with my W. In less than 1 second I get exploded by the enemy team (everyone hates LeBlanc) Now I could have teleported back with my W, but the charm spell disabled me before I could use it. Charm is a spell that Ahri casts from a much safer position than Leblanc is capable of contributing to any battle from. My chain was out of the question without using a W because there were minions all in the way. So my choice was to either let the overextended champion get away, or to try to contribute and kill him. Of course I try to contribute and the best I am able to do in that siution is a 1:1 trade. With Ahri able to survive the exhange without ever getting in harm's way.

Now the other examples is LeBlanc vs Ahri mid. Ahri simply evades LeBlanc at early levels. And after 6 levels, should you have any designs on LINING UP ur chain at any point during ur burst. Ahri is likely to escape easily just by using her ultimate with charm while spamming all her other abilities in a fit of panic - and if that fails she will just flash away as well-. On the otherhand, should Ahri decide to be the aggressor, Leblanc's options are more limited when it comes to escaping from Ahri, as Ahri's dash and charm and other less difficult to fudge up skills will easily follow Leblanc as she tries to escape just because of the way that their skills combo together.

Now I'm not saying Ahri is OP at all. But as a person who loves high skillcap champions, I'm feeling like LeBlanc's inability to use chain through minion waves (not in itself under powered), as well as her need get in harm's way in order to use Q or W make playing against this new generation of EXCEPTIONALLY mobile damage dealers a bit of frustrating experience. There is no cornering Fizz or Ahri,and bursting down Volibear is just lolz. Because you'll spend way too much time spamming spells, and before you know it, someone has jumped over the map and disabled you/slowed/stunned somehow, and is dealing just as much % of your max HP in damage as you were to your own target.

Yes, in other words due to LeBlanc's squishieness, everyone bursts her down as quickly as she bursts anyone else. The difference is that her skillset is much more difficult to use.

My point is...I'm not seeing the tactical advantage to using LeBlanc. What you gain in burst, you give up in durability. And so you end up with a champion whose damage output advantage is nullified by her own squishiness. And then add on top of that how impractical her skills are in a practical setting.

What do you think?

Invictrix

12-17-2011

Leblanc in my opinion is the expert version of Ahri. If you are still new to a champion or the game durability and survivability are extremely important, because you are going to be trading hits and taking damage due to your mistakes. I started out with old mordekaiser for this reason although I didn't recognize it myself at the time. I just gravitated towards champion that could take punishment like mordekaiser and morgana, because I wasn't skilled enough to avoid it. Now that I am a better player at level 30 I find myself using squishier champions like Leblanc and Caitlyn, because I learned an important truth to this game.

Your enemy can't hurt you if they are dead. In this way Leblanc has an advantage over ahri in that her damage potential is better as well as her utility. She is built for one reason going 1 vs 1 against any champion other than a tank. She is a killing machine against anyone who isn't built to withstand huge burst damage.

Leblanc and Ahri do share a weakness though. They cannot carry late game. They are too squishy and their burst damage can't cut through tanky dps champions.

This is the one weakness people overlook when they say champions like Kassadin, Leblanc and Ahri are overpowered since they have access to the best mobility and some of the best burst damage in the game. Ahri and Leblanc cannot carry. Kassadin can carry, but has less damage potential and some other weaknesses (or strengths) that make him a fair and more limiting(but useful) champion in my opinion. I will go into that if there is interest, but no one has asked about Kassadin so far.

TealNinje

12-17-2011

Leblanc's greatest problem is people who feel like pissing her off and buy double Mantle.

Hexy Smexy

12-17-2011

I find that LeBlanc has much more utility late game once you learn all of her tricks. The most important thing people need to learn with LeBlanc is that her Ulti doesn't just clone Sigil of Silence and when you do, it doesn't need to be on one person. One of the most rewarding and difficult things to pull off is the double silence, which is when you're in a situation where you know you can't murderate someone, but your team can. You Sigil, Ult Sigil another target and then Distort to catch them both, or chaining another. Double snare is in the same boat. Chains, Ult another target and then hit someone else with Sigil to silence them before chains pops. Sometimes you can go on the offensive with a double Distort to either chase, or finish someone off because Distort's damage is surprisingly high. Dash/Dash/Sigil. Here's another trick. After you go back, dash off the summoner's platform so you're ult has Distort locked. Initiate with your ult then Sigil/Dash/Chain. You will be surprised at how many people get caught off guard with that.

It's the little things that LeBlanc has that give her a lot more potential than people realize. The biggest thing is getting over your compulsive need to QRW everything because there are times when your damage isn't as useful as your utility.

frostymoose

12-17-2011

Short answer - yes, Leblanc stands a chance.

LeBlanc is a great anti-mage and is perhaps even more effective against Ahri because Ahri has little burst damage (more sustained damage) and relies on skillshots, which are difficult to hit on someone with blinks.