Running LoL on Multi-Monitor SetUp

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sterky

12-16-2011

Hey guys, I've spent a good chunk of time today researching online, trying to find a solution to my problem, but to no avail.

I'm running Boompje's edition on my macbook pro 13". However, the screen is rather small and I have a difficult time playing on it. Recently, I have been hooking up to my 32" TV through HDMI and basically been playing LoL on the TV screen.

So, here comes my problem. My TV resolution is 1360x768 which IS supported by LoL. However, I have to run in windowed/borderless mode because Fullscreen drops my frames below 10 when any action at all is going on. When I run it in windowed/borderless, I still have the title bar (menu bar and dock are on the Laptop display) that allows me to drag LoL around. Because of this, the screen is slightly beneath my TV and I can't scroll down.

I can play with lower resolutions, however i run into the problem of clicking off the screen on my desktop....

What I would like is a way to permanently hide either the title menu or the dock AND menu bar while LoL is open. I have tried editing the info.plist files for LoL to hide the menu AND dock but for some reason it doesn't work eventhough it works with the same technique on textedit.

Ultimiately, I would probably like to play LoL on mirrored setting(to avoid scrolling onto the other display when trying to move the camera) in windowed/borderless mode with NO title menu, menu bar AND dock showing while LoL is selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

12-16-2011

I've been looking into this a lot as well.. but so far I couldn't get it to work either... I hope we can get this implemented in the next edition, if we manage to work it out.

Sterky

12-16-2011

Alright great to know. I know the simple solution would be for me to just get better and not click off the screen, but sometimes in the heat of the momment it doesn't work out quite so well.

I tend to have a few new untitled folders on my desktop at the end of a play session!

But I wonder why that plist editing doesn't work for the LoL client OR program? Something to do with Adobe Air as well? Hahah just speculating, almost no experience in programming (just finishing my Java class at university and will never touch programming AGAIN).