Lee Sin VS Nocturne Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vanVokes

12-16-2011

Almost at 6300ip, and i can't decide between the two.
Anyone got an Pro's/Con's to these two, and which is more effective with ganks?
I'm thinking Lee Sin because of pre level 6 ganks being more viable, but idk for sure.

BuilderBob93

12-16-2011

If you like more complicated champs with more tricks, pick Lee Sin.
Not that that is necessarily better- see Garen.

A Little Haley

12-16-2011

If you want to be useful after you leave the jungle, pick Nocturne. Lee Sin's lategame is inconsequential compared to most other tanky DPS. The only reason he's picked is for early game/jungle dominance.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Lee Sin is more the carry where as Noc is more the assassin. Personally i build noc with atmogs+ghostblade. i initiate, assassinate, escape, chase, etc with noc. I think he has the more useful ult as well as far as teamfights are concerned. It's up to you, personally i enjoy noc even though he's not as good as he once was =<

Letkhar

12-16-2011

Lee Sin is fun as hell but really gank-reliant and scales off.

Nocturne can farm all day, has solid ganks, and can carry.

BuilderBob93

12-16-2011

I actually disagree with some of the above, Nocturne does farm faster but Lee Sin barely scales off lategame. I think his scaling is about on par with Nocturne if they build similarly. But that's just me. He has a lot more burst but slightly less DPS.

Letkhar

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBob93 View Post
I actually disagree with some of the above, Nocturne does farm faster but Lee Sin barely scales off lategame. I think his scaling is about on par with Nocturne if they build similarly. But that's just me. He has a lot more burst but slightly less DPS.
Really? You haven't experienced Lee Sin's HUGE drop-off late-game? How are you building him?

And I build both champs differently.

Wucuong

12-16-2011

I think lee sin is better

BuilderBob93

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letkhar View Post
Really? You haven't experienced Lee Sin's HUGE drop-off late-game? How are you building him?

And I build both champs differently.
It really depends. As I play him more and more (got to 1600 in s2 with him, but have played far more normals than ranked) my build changes more between games.

If dominating, bloodthirster, but those games are pretty lulzy. I'm trying to build that more often though, if you are careful it's really crazy midgame. If you dont fail late doesnt happen.
If I need to be a tank and initiate (which I hate), or if they have really bursty cc which will lock me down and focus me (like Annie doing even decently) I usually go Fratmas or Atmogs, depending on how tanky I need to be. Those games, yes he does drop off, although I guess it depends how you build nocturne to compare. Actually that's not true. My atmogs build drops off mid-lategame, but once you finish atmas and move on to Triforce or BT (both usually, after a negatron cloak as needed) he is really strong. Does huge burst damage with strong sustained damage. What do you have built on nocturne by that point?

I think after Mercs/wriggles/warmogs/atmas/BT, he does very good damage lategame. And it only gets better once you get TriForce/LW. Not quite range carry damage, since he has no crit scaling/IE, but he kills carries VERY quickly. Still a bunch of burst too.

EDIT: how do you build LS/nocturne? I'm not a noct player myself.

Absolute

12-16-2011

Think of it this way, lee sin is your typical snowballing champion that will 1v1 anyone at the 1-25 min marks, but noc farms way faster and gets stronger than lee sin do to his cc