Thoughts on the Suggestions

Good Idea! 165 73.66%
Renekton should stay as he is. 44 19.64%
Bad Idea! 15 6.70%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Time to Tweak Renekton

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zynro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Renekton's Passive, Bloodlust

So I've always whined and complained about how Renekton's passive is nothing more than a silly description describing his fury system. People have told me, why don't you think of something then?
So I have.
I'm here to see if If people like it.

My proposal is this:
Make Renekton's ultimate either:
A.) Fill his Fury immediately.
B.) Make all of his attacks Empowered for the duration. (Forget this, realized how OP this would be.)

EDIT 2:
C.) Cause each point of Fury to increase his lifesteal %. For every point above 50 Fury, Cull the Meek would steal a certain % more. This way no need to change Cull the Meek in any way.

My reasons why? Quite simple, and I'm sure everyone has heard this before: Tryndamere's passive. His passive nets him 5 Fury per auto-attack. Alright, so does Renekton's, nothing major. He gains 5 extra per Crit. A bit hmmm... He then gains 10 more if he scores a last hit.
So on one minion, if he crit-kills, he gains a total of 20 Fury. His fury gives .35% crit chance per fury point. That's a total of 35 at 100 Fury.
So that's 20 points of fury, and an immediately 7% critical chance. Right. Maybe I'm comparing two characters that cannot be compared, but that seems a bit odd that a character with a similar fury system just topples Renekton's.

Now Renekton does have a passive, some may say. He gains 50% more fury with 50% health missing. Only problem is, 50% of 5 is 2.5, which I'm going to assume gets rounded down. Thus he gains 2 extra fury. For being completely vulnerable and perfect to be killed, he gains a measly 2 extra fury to protect himself. Finally he builds 50, slices, and he's at 51% and loses the 2 fury bonus.

I call absurd.
My suggestion is instead of buffing his passive, buff his ultimate, by adding either 100 fury immediately, similar to Tryndamere (I mean he gets really big and really mad, why not?), or have all his attacks be empowered for a duration (Perhaps a bit much).
----------------------------------------------------

Ruthless Predator

Now, that's my first suggestion, my second is to tweak Renekton's Croc Chop. With an empowered attack, the stun lasts 1.5 seconds, that's fine and dandy and a mighty fine stun.
Only problem is, Renekton takes .90 seconds to bloody do the animation.
Now while the rest of my team can beat on the poor sod who decided to take a gigantic cleaving blade to the head, I am rendered useless for a better part of my stun.
All I ask is to increase the speed of the animation, so that I can actually do something while he's stunned, instead of appreciating how my blade slices.
----------------------------------------------------

Dominus
I'd prefer his inferior Ultimate have a bit of a tweak as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altorr View Post
4- His Ultimate scales incredibly poorly into the late game. OP's idea for a full rage bar for the duration sounds nice. I would also like to see some Resistances gained or perhaps some movement speed. Or perhaps make an addition of giving a boost of health based on a % of Renektons max health. You wont get much early game but late game if you already have 2500+ health you could gain another chunk of health if you have built into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zynro View Post
His ultimate is a lesser Nasus ultimate.

I mean look at the big picture:
His ult grants him a max of 600 Health and 100 Magic Damage per second, plus 5 fury a second.
Nasus gains also 600 Health, converts damage into attack power, AND does a RATIO-based sunfire damage.
If an enemy has 3000 health, Renekton does 100 Damage per second (Assuming no Resistances are applied).
If an enemy has 3000 health, Nasus does 3000*.05=150 Damage per second. PLUS he gains 150*.0675=9.6 Attack Power. I'm not TOO sure how his Ult works though, so it might be that he gains 9.6 attack power per second for the 15 seconds, not sure.
So there.
As an above poster said, perhaps some kind of Nasus-esque drain would be nice. Perhaps MR/Armour or Attack Speed. Something as a bit of an add-on effect.
EDIT 1:
Also note that his ult gains him 5 Fury per second for 15 seconds. So with a full-length ultimate with no hits, he doesn't even gain a full bar.
And then considering how fast 5v5 teamfights go, you might not even gain a total of 25 in the length of the fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT 1:
Cull the Meek
It seems a lot of people are angered over Cull the Meek as well. So let me see these numbers.
Cull the Meek (assuming it's empowered), deals a base cap of 270 damage to each minion/champion not including resistances. He then heals for 10% of that damage, assuming it's empowered again. So if he does indeed do 270 damage, he'll end up healing a total of 27 health, multiplied by how many enemies he hit.
Now assuming there are 6 minions, 3 caster and 3 melee, you shall heal for a total of 162 Health.
Assuming again that there are only 5 champions around you, you will heal for 270*.4*5=540 health. Now the cap is 450. So you only heal 450. That sounds like a lot, but if you're in a situation around the entire enemy team, 450 is about 1-2 spells depending on the champion.

No matter how I try to think around this, you're going to get merced without much health gain no matter what you do.
So I suggest this:
Adjust the health gain cap by 50-100. This way no one complains he heals for more perse, but he does gain more overall. I still think the health gained from minions is a bit low, but in my honest opinion I doubt that will be changed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This way, Nasus can truly NEVER ESCAPE ME FOREVER!
What do you guys think?

Goat Token

12-16-2011

Champ UP Q_Q

Semiwestern

12-16-2011

I wanna change my vote. Renek's passive should give him some kind of bonus like trynd. I know it does already with enhanced abilities but its not as significant as trynd because you can't get fury fast enough to make it nearly as useful as trynds.

Vuther

12-16-2011

I wish people would stop claiming Renekton has no passive aside from a description of his fury system (you even say he does have one right after!). Though it frankly does kinda suck and could use a major change or rework.

Just stop saying he doesn't have a passive, just say he needs a new one or it needs to be buffed. :-< Which it frankly does, because his current one kinda sucks.

Zynro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

I realize my contradiction, but it's there for a purpose. The thing of the matter is it feels like he has no passive.

Gwent

12-16-2011

I agree, Renekton's passive should probably be changed. Not sure how, but some attention on this matter would be nice.

ltaly

12-16-2011

Renekton dominates in 3's
if you buff him it would kill ttl even more

Felza

12-16-2011

New Passive For Renek
Gains 5 fury per auto attack 10 if it kills the unit.
when bellow 50% health, renekton gains [ 30 ]% increased attack speed, armor and magic resist equivalent to 2 times his level.
When bellow 25% health he will instantly gain 100 fury and stay at that state for [5] Seconds

OPTIONAL BUFFS

Ultimate cooldown changes.
Cooldown from 120 at all levels to 120/100/80

W buffs
animation speed increases to 0.5seconds.

Q buffs
Heal Cap increased to 80/110/140/170/200.
heals from champions will not be calculated into the heal cap.

this should do the trick to making him a more useful croc at anytimes.
Note: numbers inside [ ] can be changed.

Zynro

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feza D Yudoracil View Post
New Passive For Renek
Gains 5 fury per auto attack 10 if it kills the unit.
when bellow 50% health, renekton gains [ 30 ]% increased attack speed, armor and magic resist equivalent to 2 times his level.
When bellow 25% health he will instantly gain 100 fury and stay at that state for [5] Seconds

OPTIONAL BUFFS

Ultimate cooldown changes.
Cooldown from 120 at all levels to 120/100/80

W buffs
animation speed increases to 0.5seconds.

Q buffs
Heal Cap increased to 80/110/140/170/200.
heals from champions will not be calculated into the heal cap.

this should do the trick to making him a more useful croc at anytimes.
Note: numbers inside [ ] can be changed.
I think that new passive is a bit much. Renekton (I feel) is pretty powerful right now, he just needs a tweak. That's a straight-up buff though. I'd agree with half of your passive. Either the increased fury per kill, a la Tryndamere, or the 50%, OR the 25%. But not all three, that would be a bit much I feel.

In terms of his Q, it already heals plenty (I don't feel that way though) (And convincing people otherwise is impossible).

Not sure about the Ult.

Vuther

12-16-2011

They definitely should reduce the length of the animation for Ruthless Predator. The time on it is ridiculous.

12345 ... 11