Smart Casts ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndOfGreed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

I play Gragas (ap) and people have told me i sould use smart casts . is it true that it makes sutch a diffrence ? is there a way to have them smartcast without holding shift ?

Robbe

12-16-2011

change your key bindings....its in settings

Sol Ciel

12-16-2011

Smartcasts shortens the time you need to use a skill by some fraction of a second up to a full second. Once you get the hang of it, you'll notice a difference between the two.

However, you will need to familiarize yourself with the AoE of the spell, as well as the range of the spell before using smartcasts, or prepare for an epic fail game.

SSBBIke

Recruiter

12-16-2011

Smartcasts make a really big difference.

Think of Ryze for a second. His Q,W,and E all target only one unit, so smartcasting make you only need to put your curser over the enemy champ and then you will be able to just press the keyboard instead of waiting for the mouse clicks to target.

Another great Example of this is Lux, The only real problem you have is remembering the area and range of your E, but the Q is much easier to hit with smartcasting, and it can be easier to fire off your W.

I dare you to Think of a champion that wouldn't benefit from smartcasting.

Nogarde

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBBIke View Post

Think of Ryze for a second. His Q,W,and E all target only one unit, so smartcasting make you only need to put your curser over the enemy champ and then you will be able to just press the keyboard instead of waiting for the mouse clicks to target.

Another great Example of this is Lux, The only real problem you have is remembering the area and range of your E, but the Q is much easier to hit with smartcasting, and it can be easier to fire off your W.

pretty much anyone with a choose a distance skill shot, trynd spin or fizz ult for example will generally do worse smartcasting then normal cast but other then that very few champs get hurt by it at all

zebraShoes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

alistar is easier without smartcast imo.

Knezalex

12-18-2011

I use it with all champs and it really helps you do things faster

manwhat

12-18-2011

If you're worried about smartcasting you can always do smartcast-on-release, which lets you see the range. Be careful doing this on champions with 'native' smartcast though like Karthus Q, because it will actually delay you. Never try on-release on Riven, because it cripples her.

BearlyArmed

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBBIke View Post

Sona. You lose.