Olafing About

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

07-10-2010

I've been, lately, trying out Olaf in practice mode. This has resulted in me learning rapidly the capabilities of certain abilities of an Olaf persuasion, and so it has also made me ponder what build is the best way to go with Olaf.

During my most recent entanglements I played Olaf using a "Speed" format:
Ghostblade
Boots of Swiftness
Madreds
Wits End
????
????

I found that I could run into the enemy team(popping my ult first), smash down a single target(Like Annie who would flail and panic and pop tibbers on me) and then I'd die.

Of course I never got to do a TEAM fight because I had no real team in that practice game...they did, good god they had a great team, but mine was non-existent...

But I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for Olaf builds and so on and so forth?

Heavan

07-10-2010

I think you should try Frozen Mallet , in fact it's a must for Olaf so early game try to procure some phage + boots then rush into some Mallet . i usually build some starks fervor to help team i hope it helps ! have fun with Olaf ^^ ( ohh btw don't build him full atack speed , he has great things to offer with good items )

Forcas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

first thing, stop doing practice games cause you learn nothing from them compared to real games.. but i play olaf and do good with him. i buy a ruby crystal first, cause he does more damge per health he has. i will lane until i can buy Berserker's Greaves cause he is also good with your attack speed. after the boots i finish getting frozen mallet. every guide i have read and personal experince has pointed to rushing these two items first. then go for Infinity Edge. after these three items the rest is up to you if the match is still going on. some quides point to more health items for his passive and w abilty but i go with attack speed and life steal with malady then bloodthirster, but i suggest experimenting with what fits your style of play but i strongly suggest those first three items. hope you take this friendly advise

Rezengu

07-10-2010

Jungling with Olaf is better than laning

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezengu View Post
Jungling with Olaf is better than laning
Agreed, Olaf can be a pretty bad laner.

I like to rush chalice first, as he is a very mana hungry champion if you ***** his skills. But I get leviathon into frozen mallet into atmas, and at end game when I activate my W I can do over 400 damage per strike provided I have a good early game with leviathon.

Only bad thing about that is that bloodrazor murders you, so you have to be careful about those too.