Jungle...GAREN??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S B

12-16-2011

Now the reason for trying this was 1. the whole new jungle "anyone can jungle", 2. You don't really see a lot of Garens anymore, 3. He was just sitting in my champions collecting dust.

Ok well I just tried this out and it wasn't too bad. Won the game and was **** near unkillable towards the end lol.

I ran 0/21/9 masteries, for runes I went Armor Pen reds, Armor Yellows, Magic resist Blues, Move speed quints

Started with cloth 5 pots. Did wraiths - Wolves - Blue and started ganking at level 2. I didn't build Wriggles, instead I built a Brutalizer. Ended the game 6/4/16.

I found taking Q at level 1 cleared the jungle faster/with more HP than by taking Judgement at level 1. Ofcourse I took Judgement at level 2. I prioritized Q over anything that game, the Ratio on that thing is AMAZING plus you get the move speed buff as an excellent gap closer.

Thoughts, advice, opinions?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Hmm. Well it seems like an interesting idea.

My main objections would be that your Passive is almost entirely worthless when actively jungling, so he winds up having very little sustain.

Also, Judgement seems to be a poor choice to be honest. At level 1 it does 50 DPS, but only HALF of that to minions! While spinning you are not swinging. And even at level 1, you swing for 60 damage every .7 seconds = 44ish DPS.

Yeah it ramps up pretty fast and does affect multiple foes, but you might try a different approach.

Starting with AD runes and AD masteries would greatly increase it's ability since it scales with 1.4 (well, divided by 2 I suppose) bonus AD.

Courage seems worthwhile too. The shield is kind of weak to say the least, but boosting your armor/MR while jungling seems really strong and 1 point is all it takes.
Obviously courage isn't very helpful when ganking of course.

The main problem is that garen has no good gapcloser and Q isn't THAT great at it. So I can't see his ganks being all that effective compared to Xin, etc.

Garen is strong early game because of his free healing passive, and ability to pop out of the bushes at turbo speed, silence/whack them and judgement follow for heavy harass. Then heal damage he takes.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Honestly, I think this is a weaker way to play Garen. Part of his strength is how well he can shut down his lane opponent, and if you put him in the jungle then he can't do that. There are also better junglers.

Cenerae

12-16-2011

Putting a strong early game champ in the jungle seems like a huge waste, in all honesty.

Matake

12-16-2011

Roaming Garen is new meta.

iP1ayJarvan

12-16-2011

weak ganks. strong early game champs with STRONG GANKS like pantheon are not wasted in the jungle. in fact, it makes them even more effective because they are permanently mia, and can be expected on any lane, especially post 6

garen however, has very weak ganking potential. so not a good idea. heck, eve might even gank better than him.

S B

12-17-2011

Well I've found my answer to jungle Garen lol...Hmmm jungle Panth isn't a bad idea, and I might pick up jungle eve again