Nasus the New Bottom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindllapse

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
He's underrated but he's not that great either. He's extremely good at pushing so he's a safe pick to hold the bot tower.

The problem is when he has to go up against a champ like WW or Skarner who destroy him without even thinking twice.
stopped reading at WW bottom

ImCoolerOnline

12-16-2011

Quote:
He's underrated but he's not that great either. He's extremely good at pushing so he's a safe pick to hold the bot tower.

The problem is when he has to go up against a champ like WW or Skarner who destroy him without even thinking twice.
Not really, cause u just cast slow on them and fall back if they even get to you. Neither of them have much range dmg.

Shaxtenn

12-16-2011

The thing about bot lane is all that prevents you from farming is the enemy champion. If you can handle their harass, and you aren't getting pushed out of the lane, it's a huge farm-fest. If you can last-hit, you can pretty easily get all three creeps in every single wave. While Nasus doesn't need to farm his Q on Dom, if he takes bot lane, he can. And he can get his triforce quickly. And then he will wreck your face right off your head.

Nasus does quite decently against Yorick. Ghouls = a free stack on your Q, and a free attack worth of lifesteal. Ghouls actually benefit Nasus - like Nunu, he's one of the few champs that benefit from them, rather than just being able to deal with them. And because Nasus becomes a very strong bruiser with a few items (triforce + chain vest) he can 1v1 a built Yorick, where many others can't.

I think his weakness is anyone who can kite him, and keep up heavy pressure from long range, like Cassiopeia, but I haven't played out a matchup like that from either side, so idk.

Seņor Pancho

12-16-2011

Quote:
Nasus does quite decently against Yorick. Ghouls = a free stack on your Q
not always. as soon as yorick becomes the tank he is supposed to become, his ghouls dont die with Q rank 1. if you max out Q, it means you ditched W, which is nasus's best spell after his ult.

R>E>W>Q (E is the best but only for farming, W is what saves you and your teammate(s), or help you get that crucial kill)

yorick VS nasus is a stalemate if both players are skilled.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

Really underrated bot and it comes down to knowing how to build / play according to what you get.

A traditional CDR / Tank build nasus can work fine against teams lacking in range.

Tanky-AP / CDR can push lanes just as hard as Cass

Again it comes down to the player not the champion in most cases.

Vydelar

12-16-2011

Imcooleronline, Nasus has been a good bottom pick for a while. There's been lots of talks in the past about it. My personal build is ap/cdr and using wota for sustain.

FDru

12-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindllapse View Post
stopped reading at WW bottom
The funny thing is that despite WW being a bad bot laner, he is a good enough counter to Nasus that he is a perfectly good choice in that scenario. WW can pretty much ignore spirit fire which gives him an edge while farming, and Nasus can't get close enough to do anything else about it. The only tough part about the matchup is early laning when Q is weak. Leveled up hungering strike just wrecks him and it's easy enough to zone Nasus out of being able to farm. Once WW gets his item build rolling, he simply dominates.

I'm 3-0 against bot lane Nasus with WW just today, and the only one who could deal with the Q harass was the last one I played who built massive amounts of lifesteal + triforce (his other items were sanguine blade and executioner's calling, and I'm going to assume he had lifesteal runes and masteries cause he was lifestealing a LOT) but despite the fact that he could outlane me his build was so squishy that he exploded instantly anytime he got in tower range or was ganked. Not exactly what I'd call a success.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

if ur going ap/cdr nasus whats the best item build

( and a general item order? )

FDru

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmival View Post
if ur going ap/cdr nasus whats the best item build

( and a general item order? )
Start with prospectors's ring and then get sheen. That should be all the AP you need. Glacial shroud next, and merc treads. Eventually triforce, frozen heart and FoN. I like Aegis as my last item and then you could replace ring later with some other damage item.

If you have a strong pusher as an opponent, get shroud first for the CDR.

If your opponent is an AP carry, get mercs and FoN ASAP.

You could try WotA but I am not at all impressed with it. Get triforce and autoattack creeps for sustain, while zoning your opponent with spirit fire. If you somehow cannot do that, WotA might be a good option. If I were to get another AP item it'd probably be Rylai's, though (it's expensive but you can probably afford it).

Most of the time you can slack off on finishing FH because wither wrecks AD and lets you just walk away from most bruisers.

Darmival

12-18-2011

Quote:
Start with Doran's ring and then get sheen. .
dominion forums, no dorans ring in dominion.