Counter for Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not LiteKerosene

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappamyballs View Post
buy a chain mail and garen sucks
this, start with cloth armor 5 pots then get chain mail and hes useless. He has ****ty sustain so any damage you do to him will stick

StarkWhite

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr smuggles View Post
this, start with cloth armor 5 pots then get chain mail and hes useless. He has ****ty sustain so any damage you do to him will stick
"He has ****ty sustain so any damage you do to him will stick"?? You do know that while his passive is up it's better than Mundos. If he starts with a regrowth he doesn't need to go back unless he wants to.

The Garen counter is to be faster than him, either through just straight speed or some sort of cc.

PirateBurrito

12-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypouch View Post
No please not mundo... he works but why? there r so many better counters
singed

mkmyles

02-22-2012

rene

Anduraga

02-22-2012

Vayne works pretty well. If he gets too close, you can simply push him away. Facechecking bushes is the only problem. You have to know he's there so you can ult into the bush and stick him to the wall.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2012

Get someone with hard CC that you're decent with. Vayne can do alright with proper positioning and build, Cho'Gath with his silent, knock up and nuke does well. Alistar can do alright with the right team composition

Olaf, Yorick, Kennen

And above all:
HEXDRINKER

K K0

02-23-2012

ashe slow maybe?

Realyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2012

Brand is a pretty hard counter to Garen. Hell Brand is a pretty hard counter to any tanky dps that doesn't have a gap closer, like Udyr for example. 100% chance to stun for 2s and walk away, meanwhile a 3 spell combo eats nearly 50% of their max hp regardless of MR built. Garen might be able to wombo combo Brand with a Flash, Q, E, Ignite, R , but that's about the only way you're going to ever make contact on him.

Those Beyond

02-13-2014

Why do people think that Garen will just stand their and get punished? Sorry buying a chainmail and cloth doesn't stop Garen. I have yet to lose a lane when playing Garen. His W is what makes him uncouterable. Oh an AP top like brand? That is nice, i can rush Spirit Visage and W and Q and E as I ignite and ult and walk away with a troll face. As of late, I have yet to see a person counter Garen. Garen can't lose 1v1 against anyone when played right. I main Garen Top lane, and i stomp on everyone. His passive is to strong, his W is a counter to any DMG champ and his Q is a Caster Killer. Building a Brutalizer and some armor or MR (Depending on the Opponent). Can't lose lane, escapically since Garen has an Executing Ult and ignite "Garen" tees that kill. If it wasn't for my teammates that I have a tendcy of getting (Manamune on WW, I mean seriously) I wouldn't lose. Garen has no counters. None. CC can't stop his spin, and range are to squishy since a q, flash, e then R just kills them upon hitting Lv6. He just falls late game, since he is just a tank, but his R just says "HEY is you're ADC all alone, That's nice, JUSTICE!"

And champs like Renekton, that's funny too, just get a wardens mail and ninja tabi, He can't do anything but watch you farm as you ignore his attempts at harassing. then get a brute, then kill him when he engages. Mundo, just watch him kill himself. Teemo, just play at his own game and hide in a bush and Q, W, E then watch the thing die slowly after builing MR. Singed, I fought 1 singed who beat me, but he was like a Plat, and he killed my jungler, otherwise you just farm and wait to ult him when low, harassing just to put some Damage down, and don't fight near tower. I say anyone with mana can't be beat Garen. And anyone with a cc isn't enough, maybe Zed? but that's barely a counter. Yorick, just build Spirit and Q and E him to death. I need to be ganked like 5 or 6 times to be shut down out of lane, even then I can still get a kills, since his ult. Can't stop the might of Garen, it's just alot of players don't build him "Correctly" anyone who builds garen without building a Black Cleaver, isn't playing Garen right, and anyone who say Garen doesn't take skill. Thats cute, because Garen when played right can crush all his counters. When Elise got nerfed, I laughed because she was the only person who just destroyed me.

Grinningsphinx

02-15-2014

Brainnnnssssss