Counter for Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seanzzie

12-16-2011

So I won't claim to be amazing by any means, but one character I have a lot of problems with is Garen, he has really good damage while having awesome survivability. He pretty much rocks me regardless of what I play =/ Who or what are some good counters to him?

Koldheartedjsp

12-16-2011

ranged, time, and good reflexes

rocxas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

i think its time to meet renekton

D Dragneel

12-16-2011

if u want to get away then someone with a well ranged slow would be best...like i like playing kayle when i play agianst anyone with a speed boost since reckoning hits like a truck and slows them to hell.

MauJustice

12-16-2011

Renekton, Wukong, Udyr, Nocturne, GP and Trundle have been tough matchups for me in the past.

I'd say Olaf and Shyvana are about 50/50 lanes for Garen.

moneypouch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

spin2win man, if u see garen on the other team there's just nothing u can do but facecheck all the bushes and surrender at 15.

Honestly tho garen is a strong solo lane but almost any solo lane u see in 5s currently can at least go even with him forcing a farm fest. With the exception of scarn, irelia, cho, and especially nasus a good garen crushes those matchups. GP also tends to lean in garens favor as long as garen is really aggressive lvl 1-2 but in TT this just means whichever team ganks the lane first will win the lane as both gp/garen will be sub 40% mostlike

odd picks to beat him tho: Ryze, Cait (maybe Vayne never tried it), and Cassio can crush him and even Karthus if you are really good (if he silences you u are as good dead)

Matake

12-16-2011

Mundo.

moneypouch

12-16-2011

No please not mundo... he works but why? there r so many better counters

Frosty716

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypouch View Post
No please not mundo... he works but why? there r so many better counters
despite him being nerfed down, he still carries harder than most ranged carries, at least in normals solo q

SkeletalArm

12-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypouch View Post
karthus if you are really good (if he silences you u are as good dead)
THEN I WILL TAKE HIM WITH ME!!!

From the mind of a Karthus player.