Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter for Garen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seanzzie

12-16-2011

So I won't claim to be amazing by any means, but one character I have a lot of problems with is Garen, he has really good damage while having awesome survivability. He pretty much rocks me regardless of what I play =/ Who or what are some good counters to him?

Koldheartedjsp

12-16-2011

ranged, time, and good reflexes

rocxas

12-16-2011

i think its time to meet renekton

D Dragneel

12-16-2011

if u want to get away then someone with a well ranged slow would be best...like i like playing kayle when i play agianst anyone with a speed boost since reckoning hits like a truck and slows them to hell.

MauJustice

12-16-2011

Renekton, Wukong, Udyr, Nocturne, GP and Trundle have been tough matchups for me in the past.

I'd say Olaf and Shyvana are about 50/50 lanes for Garen.

moneypouch

Recruiter

12-16-2011

spin2win man, if u see garen on the other team there's just nothing u can do but facecheck all the bushes and surrender at 15.

Honestly tho garen is a strong solo lane but almost any solo lane u see in 5s currently can at least go even with him forcing a farm fest. With the exception of scarn, irelia, cho, and especially nasus a good garen crushes those matchups. GP also tends to lean in garens favor as long as garen is really aggressive lvl 1-2 but in TT this just means whichever team ganks the lane first will win the lane as both gp/garen will be sub 40% mostlike

odd picks to beat him tho: Ryze, Cait (maybe Vayne never tried it), and Cassio can crush him and even Karthus if you are really good (if he silences you u are as good dead)

Matake

12-16-2011

Mundo.

moneypouch

Recruiter

12-16-2011

No please not mundo... he works but why? there r so many better counters

Frosty716

12-17-2011

Quote:
moneypouch:
No please not mundo... he works but why? there r so many better counters

despite him being nerfed down, he still carries harder than most ranged carries, at least in normals solo q

SkeletalArm

12-17-2011

Quote:
moneypouch:
karthus if you are really good (if he silences you u are as good dead)

THEN I WILL TAKE HIM WITH ME!!!

From the mind of a Karthus player.