Winter map causing eye problems.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrayonPop ChoA

12-19-2011

When can we get an option to change to normap map...???
I usually lose on winter map and I dont want people to suffer...

AtomicUnicorn

12-19-2011

Are you guys with the eye-strain issues aware of the lights around you? Like, have you experimented playing in darker/lighter lit rooms?

Also, sunglasses?

phatcat09

12-19-2011

The winter map is doing a number on my eyes I have trouble seeing spells on it too. Definitely too my disadvantage to play on the winter map, but Riot doesn't give a **** I'm just one person out of many **** my problems right?

ddoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

not sure who it is, think its leona or janna or someone but when i was playing mid i couldnt see her skill abilities coming at me on new winter map so i couldnt dodge. idk if thats just my eyes or what but i didnt like it so now i dont like the map lol. i could see that ability on old map tho.

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

I think it is snowblindness, wear sunglasses or play demacia

bluebaron201

12-22-2011

Eye sensitivity is a real problem in computer games, however the number of people affected by this is relatively small. I personally had some problems in the old cod2 game and JK:JO2(something in the blue/green color region sets off nausea and dizziness for me) but completely fine in all other games. I do not have a problem with the current winter map, but I do hope both fellow summoners and the Riot team take this more seriously.

Good luck to all in game,
bluebaron201

MurkyMurkMurker

12-22-2011

I heard there was a way to mod the game to remove the snow effects from the winter map. I think it was in one of the mac-related LoL threads

Inadzay

12-22-2011

try wearing sunglasses when you play so that the coloring isnt so hard on your eyes

intox fishy

12-22-2011

Guys, I have the solution.

Turn on a light.

DrJman

12-22-2011

Stop playing so many games