Things not to do in dominion.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

Don't ignore bot. If the enemy has 4 champs defending top, just go gank/cap bot. Dominion is a game of allocating player resources. If you don't have numbers at some point, there's some point you can go that you will.

JasmineChen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

I upvoted your post cause it made several valid points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krallna View Post
I love the personal score system
However, after reading this bit the urge to downvote it on the GP was pretty strong.

maxusmaximus

12-15-2011

Initial team fight do not initiate by jumping straight in 1v3 even if you are a tank, let your range poke away at them and wait for one of theirs to get out of position. Nearly Every teamfight at windmill i have ever lost is due to poor positioning.

Inkyjinx

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
I agree especially with #2. Blind pick Dominion games are full of nothing but Twitch/Eve players who do nothing but backdoor but call everyone else bad for losing the game since they are in 1st.
funny. i rarely see Twitch or Eve. and they're generally not good on the rare occasion that I do see them.

Keiji Cupcakes

12-15-2011

Alright, a lot of good points have been added to the list, and I have edited them.

AbsolutePK

12-16-2011

Don't get too focused on the 100g for capping mid solo at the start. If you're a ranged/tank get your ass top and let a squishy person that can clean out weakened champions do it.

Scrubsicle

12-16-2011

Pay attention to your other teammates champion picks.

If you really really want to play Talon, but you're last pick, and your team is already Jarvan, Wukong, Vayne, and Sivir, don't pick Talon. Please. Unless you enjoy watching an entire team get Thornmail.

Ardailec

12-16-2011

I've got another one: Don't try to backcap with Rammus alive on the board. Don't do it. It's like watching Sonic Beat Robotnik. You know how the story ends, it's happened every time and all you can do is scream "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!!"

Shaxtenn

12-16-2011

73. If a bunch of you just wiped and the enemy capped top and 2-3 of them are still hanging around the point, don't charge it solo. Wait around your mid speed shrine for your team to catch up with you. If you run in one by one, you'll all die again - if you group up, you stand a better chance of taking back the point.

74. Press tab; be aware of when the enemy team is not dead any more. If you just won top, and you're pushing the lane towards their mid, don't hang around. Extending past the halfway point of the top-to-mid lane on the enemy's side of the map is the worst place you can be. They WILL pour out from the jungle behind you and you WILL die.

75. The jungle can be a horrible place to fight. Especially so if the enemy team has high-mobility champions or others who can take advantage of brush (Fiddle, Nunu). If you're in the advantage - if you hold top, bot, and mid - don't needlessly put that advantage at risk by running around the jungle near their mid tower. You probably won't kill enough of them to cap, but you run a strong risk of them killing enough of you to cap top.

76. You don't need to defend a 4-cap with your life. If you cap their mid or bot, and you're alone vs the 3 of them who just came from base, unless you can definitely hold it because you're playing some broken champ and they're terrible, just let it go. Better to run and let them cap, than die and leave your team a person down and unable to hold top or your own bot.

77. When deciding who caps mid at the start, think about who can contribute the most up top. If you're a melee with zero range (eg. Riven), and the rest of your team has ranged poke (Ezreal, Shaco, LB) - they can all do way more than you in the poke-fest that is the first 20 seconds of fighting over top. Cap mid, enjoy your free 100 gold, then go top to clean up the weakened enemies.

Yokel85

12-16-2011

If you're against a Shaco (especially if he's AP) don't try to cap WM without a minion wave or hextech sweeper. It has boxes on it. Maybe a lot of them.

123456 ... 7