Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Festive Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desolate Specter

12-14-2011

I must admit, and i don't know if everybody feels the same way, i feel that the Festive Maokai is disappointing to me, and Maokai is my favorite champ. I mean, the minor change to the ult, sappling toss, and the color of the passive being active is pretty cool, but i don't like the fact that Maokai is not a real Christmas tree. He is basically wearing a costume, a tree skirt and and a tree hat. I don't see how hard it would be to make him an actually pine tree.

Considering the other snow-down skins:

Look at Toy soldier Gangplank and Snowerdinger. They actually are a toy soldier and a snowman, not wearing some type of apparel to make them look like a toy soldier and a snowman.

Even in the login sccreen, he actually looks awsome and lloks like an actual Pine tree. Sadly, it's not the case in game.

Like i said, pretty disappointing for Maokai that he is not a real Pine tree, considering he finally gets a skin.

What does everybody else think about it?

Quenthal

12-14-2011

Quote:
Desolate Specter:
I must admit, and i don't know if everybody feels the same way, i feel that the Festive Maokai is disappointing to me, and Maokai is my favorite champ. I mean, the minor change to the ult, sappling toss, and the color of the passive being active is pretty cool, but i don't like the fact that Maokai is not a real Christmas tree. He is basically wearing a costume, a tree skirt and and a tree hat. I don't see how hard it would be to make him an actually pine tree.

Look at Toy soldier Gangplank and Snowerdinger. They actually are a toy soldier and a snowman, not wearing some type of apparel to make them look like a toy soldier and a snowman.

Even in the login sccreen, he actually looks awsome and lloks like an actual Pine tree. Sadly, it's not the case in game.

Like i said, pretty disappointing for Maokai that he is not a real Pine tree, considering he finally gets a skin.

I think it is a play on irony bud.

Kuro0

12-14-2011

yeah the maokai festive is a Jk .

Ty riot for Nothing

and Merry xmas

Hëllion

12-15-2011

sign the petition people

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1595132

Tha Dynamite

12-15-2011

I can't imagine Maokai in pine form looking anything other than stupid.

If you look at him, Maokai is just a tree trunk. No leaves or anything.
Pine tree. ALL leaves. Practically no trunk.

Just think about how it would actually look. I would guarantee you that you can't come up with a concept that wouldn't look ridiculously stupid.

Sir Tiddles

12-15-2011

Quote:
Desolate Specter:

I feel the exact same way. I saw that he was getting a festive skin and was really excited, especially with the artwork on the login screen. After seeing it in the game, I don't think I'll be buying it.

Teh Troller

12-15-2011

I like his skin it's cute how he throws a present.

Kenou

Recruiter

12-15-2011

I think a pine tree skin would make him blend into the scenery too much. Like free camo lol.

Sandrock7383

12-15-2011

i think he needs lights on him or something. lackluster skin

Daymaree

12-18-2011

Aye!
Change Maokai more like a pine tree and give some lights on him will be better.
now it's sure a lackluster skin.