Festive Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desolate Specter

12-14-2011

I must admit, and i don't know if everybody feels the same way, i feel that the Festive Maokai is disappointing to me, and Maokai is my favorite champ. I mean, the minor change to the ult, sappling toss, and the color of the passive being active is pretty cool, but i don't like the fact that Maokai is not a real Christmas tree. He is basically wearing a costume, a tree skirt and and a tree hat. I don't see how hard it would be to make him an actually pine tree.

Considering the other snow-down skins:

Look at Toy soldier Gangplank and Snowerdinger. They actually are a toy soldier and a snowman, not wearing some type of apparel to make them look like a toy soldier and a snowman.

Even in the login sccreen, he actually looks awsome and lloks like an actual Pine tree. Sadly, it's not the case in game.

Like i said, pretty disappointing for Maokai that he is not a real Pine tree, considering he finally gets a skin.

What does everybody else think about it?

Quenthal

12-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate Specter View Post
I must admit, and i don't know if everybody feels the same way, i feel that the Festive Maokai is disappointing to me, and Maokai is my favorite champ. I mean, the minor change to the ult, sappling toss, and the color of the passive being active is pretty cool, but i don't like the fact that Maokai is not a real Christmas tree. He is basically wearing a costume, a tree skirt and and a tree hat. I don't see how hard it would be to make him an actually pine tree.

Look at Toy soldier Gangplank and Snowerdinger. They actually are a toy soldier and a snowman, not wearing some type of apparel to make them look like a toy soldier and a snowman.

Even in the login sccreen, he actually looks awsome and lloks like an actual Pine tree. Sadly, it's not the case in game.

Like i said, pretty disappointing for Maokai that he is not a real Pine tree, considering he finally gets a skin.

I think it is a play on irony bud.

Kuro0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2011

yeah the maokai festive is a Jk .

Ty riot for Nothing

and Merry xmas

Hėllion

12-15-2011

sign the petition people

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1595132

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2011

I can't imagine Maokai in pine form looking anything other than stupid.

If you look at him, Maokai is just a tree trunk. No leaves or anything.
Pine tree. ALL leaves. Practically no trunk.

Just think about how it would actually look. I would guarantee you that you can't come up with a concept that wouldn't look ridiculously stupid.

Sir Tiddles

12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolate Specter View Post

I feel the exact same way. I saw that he was getting a festive skin and was really excited, especially with the artwork on the login screen. After seeing it in the game, I don't think I'll be buying it.

Teh Troller

12-15-2011

I like his skin it's cute how he throws a present.

Kenou

12-15-2011

I think a pine tree skin would make him blend into the scenery too much. Like free camo lol.

Sandrock7383

12-15-2011

i think he needs lights on him or something. lackluster skin

Daymaree

12-18-2011

Aye!
Change Maokai more like a pine tree and give some lights on him will be better.
now it's sure a lackluster skin.